support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What are you missing most

We have bird feeders so we've always had a nice variety of birds, cardinals, juncos, mourning doves, grackles and three species of woodpecker. We also have crows and a bunch of blue jays. They belong to the same family, corvidae, so I call them "corvids". I just like the sound of the word. I'm strange that way. My wife picked up on it. So we look out the window and say, "The corvids are here".

We also have tons of squirrels who raid the feeders. They are crafty, athletic little beasts. I have intentionally purchased "squirrel proof" feeders just to watch how they thwart them, We also have chipmunks and sometimes rabbits. Our cats love it. Cat TV.

Last edited:
Apart from just going out (shielding for health reasons) I am missing gigs/ rehearsals most. Had one booked at a favourite pub and another for a very good friends birthday. I can’t see us doing any until next year to be honest.

What am I missing most?
My isolation! With my husband working from home most of the time, I no longer have as much alone time and being a loner , I really miss that.

However, I still get to go for walks since we live in the country and my absolute favourite thing to do is walk the dogs. They are just so fun to be with so I’m just grateful nothing has changed that. Well, except that he sometimes wants to come with us. LOL!

Don’t I sound fun to live with? ;)

We also live near a lot of Mennonites so often see them out and about.

C62C819E-0AA9-442B-9B0E-68351FFAE7A8.jpeg
5883EF20-6070-49A5-8729-63259C4013F1.jpeg

What am I missing most?
My isolation! With my husband working from home most of the time, I no longer have as much alone time and being a loner , I really miss that.

However, I still get to go for walks since we live in the country and my absolute favourite thing to do is walk the dogs. They are just so fun to be with so I’m just grateful nothing has changed that. Well, except that he sometimes wants to come with us. LOL!

Don’t I sound fun to live with? ;)

We also live near a lot of Mennonites so often see them out and about.

View attachment 14585View attachment 14586
I've been reluctant to post because I'm not missing anything. Perhaps the only thing is, like you, I am not getting enough alone time! :banana:

I'll be honest, I have been struggling the last few weeks. I live on my own and have always done so since 1985 when I left home. People will often say to me that they 'envy' my freedom to do what I do, such as the various music groups I'm in etc. Well, there's a reason for all of those activities and it's part of how I deal with / manage being on my own. All of my groups shut down in early March. I have only been out for weekly shopping, which includes having to shop for my elderly housebound mother and the 50 mile trip to drop it all off.

I'll put some stuff in my musings thread.

Definitely not worth the risk for anyone with underlying issues, if it takes a year it takes a year.
Life is too precious

Looking like it will be a long time before we will feel totally safe to resume life as we knew it.

I'm missing my son now, not seen him since new year!

Missed 2 holidays.

Missing playing with the café Octet.

I have a beautiful lockdown garden though.

Enjoyed the quieter roads and skies though they are getting busier.

Still sometimes can't believe we are living through this...

Stay safe all

Jx

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom