support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What are you listening to (plus reviews)

When were you there Kev ?
I worked from late '74 to early '77 on the S.A. Hotel circuit, then went to Rhodesia and got shot at a few times.
Played with the resident band at Bobby Fraser's club in Bulawayo for 8 months until the **** hit the fan.
82 onwards. Went north a few times One of my fondest memories is the marimba band at the Vic Falls hotel.

Currently enjoying Van Morrison's Versatile and Gary Moore's Blues & Beyond. Both albums up to the usual standard and well worth a listen.

Looking forward to The James Hunter Six new one out in February I think.

Currently enjoying Van Morrison's Versatile and Gary Moore's Blues & Beyond. Both albums up to the usual standard and well worth a listen.

Looking forward to The James Hunter Six new one out in February I think.

Partial to a bit of Van. Not got that album.. presuming it's a recent one?

Usually stick to the 70's period.

Can't get enough of this right now. Class!

Line up:

Fans of Old and New Dreams might dig this:

Graham Haynes - cornet
Carlos Ward - alto sax, flute
Mark Helias - bass
Ed Blackwell - drums
Don Cherry - trumpet (on Lito Pt.2 only)

Last edited:
better put it up now!

Thank you so much @Keep Blowing this is a brilliant album and I’ve been listening to it repeatedly. This track is the best. I love that Motown song (was it Motown?) anyway and this is a fantastic version of it.
Listening to this album I’m also reminded of Sly and the family Stone and Booker T and the M.Gs

Thank you so much @Keep Blowing this is a brilliant album and I’ve been listening to it repeatedly. This track is the best. I love that Motown song (was it Motown?) anyway and this is a fantastic version of it.
Listening to this album I’m also reminded of Sly and the family Stone and Booker T and the M.Gs
i am so pleased you are enjoying it, I'm not a Motown buff but I do love Frank Wilson, do I love you

Last edited:
You can't lose a banjo. People keep bringing it back to you.
Dunno where I heard this apaarently true story...

A young couple moved into a new house that had a gnome in the garden

They didn't particularly like the gnome so they left it on the garden wall hoping a passer by would steal it. The gnome was untouched for several weeks until it fell off and broke on the pavement. Before the couple could dispose of the bits, someone had come and cleared them away

"Problem solved", thought the couple

A few days later the gnome reappeared on the garden wall. Whoever had taken the pieces had carefully glued them back together and returned the gnome to his owners