• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Miscellaneous What are you growing this year?

Prof, since the subject of gardening on mother-ships, etc. is of such interest to you, I am leaving a note on the landing-pad describing your approximate location. I don't have your address, but they should be able to find you. I feel it's the least I can do, to further international (not to mention inter-galactic) understanding and brotherhood. Good luck. You'll have to learn the hand-shake on your own. Sorry.
The whole subject of gardening is alien to me!
 
In my garden: spuds, french beans, sweet corn, artichokes, cucumbers, pumpkins, butter nut squash, red onions, leeks, tomatoes, parsnips, spinach, salsify, beetroot, carrots, rocket, chard, New Zealand spinach, lettuce, cabbages, broccoli, celery, celeriac, raspberries, strawberries, apples, pears, walnuts, hazels, figs, aubergines, peppers, chillies, courgettes, water cress and several herbs. How do I find time to practice?
Here's the exciting bit, if you wear a deerstalker, purple climbing beans and purple basil. The purple beans are easy to find amongst the foliage. They taste great and go green when cooked.
I hope your purple logo saxes don't turn green!
 
Last edited:
Aaah you are sharp today Mr Warbler! I lived in Devenport for a little while and Tepuki. Beautiful country. Didn't notice any nasty bees in the Mon Desir pub nor did I know about SILVER beet!!!
 
Checking in when it got to windy to continue with the garden. We only have about a 100 day growing season, so everyone tries to second-guess the weatherman. The rule of thumb is don't plant until June 1st unless you feel like gambling. So I'm taking a chance. Back to the nursery again tomorrow. Maybe I'll plant bamboo and make my own reeds...or not.
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,260
Messages
575,960
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom