support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

What App do you find most useful

Taz

Busking Oracle
Seeing as loads of us now have either iphones or android phones, what apps do you find essential, useful or just plain fun?
Are they music, job or hobby related? Why do you find them so useful and of course the million dollar question, were they free or did they cost you anything. Also, how easy are they to use?

I'll start, I haven't had an android phone long so I'm just starting to find apps, but the one I use quite a lot at the moment is "My Tracks" This is a nice simple app that records where you've been. I like to go on fairly long walks and I've used it a couple of times to record the length of a walk.
Put quite simply it records where you've been, how high (what elevation) and how fast. I can then down load this information to Google maps and then share it in the same fashion as the breakfast jam and gig map, with other friends who also enjoy walking. It was free to download too!

The one I've used most is a dictionary of 2 and 3-letter words that you can use in Scrabble. So you can tell what exciting evenings in me and Mrs Dooce are having.

I use Spotify A LOT (otherwise it wouldn't be worth the monthly fee!).
I use the Met Office app - more accurate than the standard Yahoo! app on the iPhone.
The eBay app is good, although dangerous. And for touring I use the RAC Traffic app...

N

Music-wise: Spotify, iRealb, gStrings tuner, and also this little darling:
http://www.appbrain.com/app/spectralpro-analyzer/radonsoft.net.spectralviewpro

It's a visual sound spectrum analyser and is really great as something to look at while practicing long notes :) you can see how clean or dirty your sound is, and it's fascinating to see the harmonics and the patterns that it produces when playing, say, a chromatic scale.

Seeing as loads of us now have either iphones or android phones, what apps do you find essential, useful or just plain fun? Are they music, job or hobby related? Why do you find them so useful and of course the million dollar question, were they free or did they cost you anything. Also, how easy are they to use?

On my iPod touch I have a couple of very good paid for music related apps. I wouldn't want to be without either. They are:

- Tempo, £1.49 from Frozen Ape Labs. An excellent metronome that can be plugged into the stereo to make it loud enough to hear when you are playing and need to be able to hear it.
- Tuner, £0.69 from Dr Harald Merkel (any relation I wonder?). A transposing tuning app with spectrogram display if you like that techie sort of thing.

Paul