support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

uploading from memory stick

jeremyjuicewah

Locality
Costa Blanca Spain
Hi all. Back from County Durham. People and gale force winds alike, a breath of fresh air. Can you help? I have about two hundred backing tracks on memory stick. I can put it in the port and play any of them, but cannot seem to upload to computer. I am frightened the stick may corrupt or get lost inside the cat or something and want to have the contents backed up. I have googled but though there is info on how to download, it seems assumed that any fule can upload. I would love anyone to spell out to me how to do this. These tracks are very valuable to me, irreplaceable probably. As always, appreciate whatever comes,
Mike

Hi,
I would just open the drive that the memory stick is, select all files and copy and paste into the desired folder on the pc.
Hope this helps

I presume you're doing this on a proper computer, not one of those Apple things? Assuming you are, if you can't follow whay AndyG says above, send me a PM and I'll send back a line by line explanation about what you need to do.

Jon

Or open the file with the music in (on the memory stick) and open the file where you want to put the music on the PC (in a second window) then "drag and drop" from one to the other and a copy will be made.

Jon,

Remember that nice Mr. Thomas is an Apple user and if he requests the CaSLM to organise a really messy motorcycle accident on our patch, how can we refuse?

Besides, he might need some fresh meat for the kitten.

Thanks to all, have pmd jonf. Problem is that even what Mandy has written is not clear to me. I mean, I can read it , but dont know physically how to do it. Not quite hopeless, but almost there. Still and all, ta.
Mike

Hurrah!! Managed it with copy and paste. I had tried it before but the file I copied to was nowhere to be found. I feel so much better now. Those tracks came from people who needed a lot of nagging to give them up, I doubt I could have got them again.
Best wishes
Mike

Well done

Nice to know there are other people like me on the forum that struggle with anything pc,luckily for me my latest 7 system automatically puts up a window with lots of options to choose from when I plug in that sort of stuff thank goodness...happy new year...John

Fair comment - I wouldn't consider myself IT competent, but at least a bit literate!

And I have 3 teenagers who can always help :)))

Much of what I have learnt was by trying to put back things that they changed as youngsters. :shocked: