support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Trying to value a mouthpiece.

andyp

Hi there.
I've had an Otto Link Super Tone Master 6* for @ 8 years but struggled to get on with it. Now I'm thinking of selling it but have no idea what it's worth. Have seen a couple on ebay @ £80, & there's one at the moment for over £200, which is apparently gold plated.
Can anyone please give me a guide to what i might expect for it. I bought off ebay but can't remember what I paid at the time. Probably not much more than £50.

Thanks
Andy

All modern Link STM are (thinly!) gold plated, so this is not anything special.

These modern Links are plentiful and not necessarily sought after , your only real reference is the new price and the condition of your mpc as opposed to a new one to determine its price against a new one.

New at Sax.co.uk they are 182£ (I am assuming we are talking of a tenor here)

You can find them secondhand for much less..........
http://www.sax.co.uk/acatalog/Otto_Link_Tenor_Metal.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...k+super+tone+master&_sacat=See-All-Categories

As a rule of thumb I normally reckon on mouthpieces in good condition fetching about 35% of their new cost when sold second hand. I would guess I've probably sold about 70 over the years, and with one or two rare exceptions (RPCs spring to mind) this is the sort of value I've achieved.

Jon

As a rule of thumb I normally reckon on mouthpieces in good condition fetching about 35% of their new cost when sold second hand.

Jon
Thanks for the input milandro & jonf. It is in very good condition, so going on sax.co.uk price of £182, I could probably ask @ £70. That sounds good to me.

Thanks

Andy

As a rule of thumb I normally reckon on mouthpieces in good condition fetching about 35% of their new cost when sold second hand. I would guess I've probably sold about 70 over the years, and with one or two rare exceptions (RPCs spring to mind) this is the sort of value I've achieved.

Jon

My exceptions were the Guardala. They used to go constantly up in price so I always sold them for more than I paid. If I had all of them now I could probably afford a new Mk VI.