support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner Transposing

Ok... so apologies to those thinking "cripes here he goes again...".... I was trying to transpose " Always a woman to me" by Billy Joel...from piano, guitar score..i.e concert pitch insstrument.The sheet music was in eb major so using my chart that goes up 2 semitones ( is a semi tone a half step) so f major...am i right in thinking that f major is the key and therefore the notes in f major ( the scale) should be the only notes ( bar accidentals) in the song? Also do you base the steps on the whole chromatic scale or the intervals used in the transposed scale. The notes in F major are FGABb CDE do you simply transpose all As to Bs and then use the key sig and flatten all Bs unless accidentals . Its just that i seem to remenber that 2 sharps are added but there is only one flat..
Just play every note up two half steps and you're done.

Eb concert is F for tenor. You're in F in concert which becomes G for tenor so the notes are GABCDEF#, as has been often said up a tone or two semi tones of you must. You are in a different key as you will know if you ever get round to learning your scales.

Last edited:
Eb concert is F for tenor. You're in F in concert which becomes G for tenor so the notes are GABCDEF#, as has been often said up a tone or two semi tones of you must. You are in a different key as you will know if you ever get round to learning your scales.
Why...lol that was bang on Eb concert F tenor..