support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories time to make the old case look special

oldblower

My guban sax came with a really solid wooden case its just, tired brown at best and no comment at worst. Will replace all the hardware hinges, locks and strap, but can't decide on the finish.
thoughts so far for the outside.

mahogany veneer, have some already
mahogany with inlay highlights
walnut veneer
paisley fabric with brass highlights
fake crocodile skin

The inside is shot so will build a new one either cut and covered foam or wood compartment really not sure whats best? what do you think?

thanks in advance

So any suggestions

Found a couple of photos, one is from a guitar.

file:///Users/stevegreenfield/Downloads/pict36.
file:///Users/stevegreenfield/Downloads/PRS-PAISLEY-CASE-CLOSED-LG.jpg

thought it might get the ball rolling. just need some inspiration to get started.

Found a couple of photos, one is from a guitar.

file:///Users/stevegreenfield/Downloads/pict36.
file:///Users/stevegreenfield/Downloads/PRS-PAISLEY-CASE-CLOSED-LG.jpg

thought it might get the ball rolling. just need some inspiration to get started.

These don't look like complete links to me and aren't working for me.
But I like fake croc if you can find it.

I'm following this with interest. I've a very old sax that I need to make a case for. Project for this winter, methinks. I'd intended to line it with thick (half inch or so) felt, but I may think again, depending on what comes out here.

Making a case is a great project. Don`t forget to make it as one, then saw down lengthwise to separate lid from base. Old cabinet maker`s technique and it gives a perfect top/bottom match. There`s good fabric backed soft vinyl available that sticks easily, looks good and is robust. Don`t forget 4 wheel drive for those rural winter gigs, though!

Will use the existing case as a base on this one as its in really good condition except for the hinges and covering. Might try another one for fun later, better at woodwork than actually playing atm!! ha ha
Making a case is a great project. Don`t forget to make it as one, then saw down lengthwise to separate lid from base. Old cabinet maker`s technique and it gives a perfect top/bottom match. There`s good fabric backed soft vinyl available that sticks easily, looks good and is robust. Don`t forget 4 wheel drive for those rural winter gigs, though!

Back
Top Bottom