support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

This is your brain (or your soul) on saxophone

Account Closed
This forum has a feature that seems little-used. It is called Profile Posts. You get there by clicking on the avatar, either at the top right of any page or whever you see it. Unless you are too new, too shy or have some other reason why you do not want other members to hear your music, why not post one of more sound files that you feel represent your musicality? They can be individual or playlist links to Soundcloud, Soundclick, Box or Dropbox and YouTube. For those who may not be familiar, you simple post the URL to the file, the forum software does the rest.

There is a continuing feature of Songs and Ballads of the Month the exposes the talents and progression of same, but here I'm suggesting that you post whatever you think reflects best your playing (or singing, composition, even an oral dissertation on saxophone).

Let's do this!

When you start a post or comment, the readers can click on your avatar and they'll see your profile. There's a space for posts, but few people have used it. If you post one or more works that represent you in your profile, this will make it one click easy for the reader to hear you.

EDIT: Unlike regular posts, the forum software doesn't just convert a link. You need to use the media under the "insert" menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you make a post in "Profile" page? If you can post, then you can add media from YouTube or Soundcloud, Soundclick, etc. like this:

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 09.56.56.png

I just learned that profile posts are only available to supporters. I guess my idea can't happen. The whole point was that anyone could click once to see your music. Maybe there's another way.

Ok. Thanks. Where is the best place to post my YT clips? "The Mouthpiece you "take in", "This Is Your Brain (or your soul) on Saxophone" or "Your Sound Clips"? My redordings are not "pretty" or meant to be shared like other clips on "Your Sound Clips". It's more raw working materials. I like the idea with "This Is Your Brain (or your soul) on Saxophone".

So Pete is looking into the way we might do this. Meanwhle, yo do need to post media to a website like Box, Dropbox, YouTube, Soundcloud, Soundclick, etc. It's not hard, but you need a free account. You can keep the files private (that is, not visible publicly) on YouTube or Soundcloud and still share them here.

Ok. Thanks. Where is the best place to post my YT clips? "The Mouthpiece you "take in", "This Is Your Brain (or your soul) on Saxophone" or "Your Sound Clips"? My redordings are not "pretty" or meant to be shared like other clips on "Your Sound Clips". It's more raw working materials. I like the idea with "This Is Your Brain (or your soul) on Saxophone".
Until we find a better way, I'd say do a post on Your sound clips and write what it is. No one is going to judge, just explain the setup and what you're showing. (That's my opinion, not a rule!)

The older versions of the forum always, it was default. showed the members signature profile at the foot of each post so you just clicked to get their content and stuff directly. This was obviously very open to commercial abuse and also extremely long geeky lists of gear, software, etc etc which I used to love reading. Tee hee. Kinda like reading a progressive rock album notes .
Anyway this feature was removed.
I personally think that the degree of moderation this site employs would very quickly weed out any inappropriate signature profile and think I would prefer to see them back at the bottom of each post open to all and in the spirit of the internet if the member wanted it.
We really do leave a bit of a slugs trail behind us, but who cares eh?

@Clivey I've attached a screenshot of your post and I can click on your link which takes me to your soundclick page. Is this what you meant? I'm using opera browser on iMac
Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 14.36.15.jpg

Actually, anyone who can post can put a link in their signature. What I was aiming for was a one click to profile, where there are the "profile posts" that no one uses or knows much about.

If you click on my sax/guitar avatar, you'll see my profile page with the latest recordings.

Back
Top Bottom