support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

The World's Greatest Mystery.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Locality
The Palm Tree strewn Wandle Surf Beach under the o
Can anyone offer an understandable explanation of the following phenomenon,please?

I purchase toilet rolls in packets of four. No matter which order you use the rolls, the last one always has 0.73956 recurring the average number of sheets of the other three rolls.

How can this be as it could lead to gross embarrassment?

It is usually the domesticated Nix, that's hiding behind the ubend, nicking a few sheets of the bog roll just for the heck of it.

Have you noticed that the width of the toilet paper has shrunk over the last decades? A diminishing act instantiated to let the bog roll producing industry save a bob or two. That even though all research indicates we have a steady increase in size back there. Now that is modern economics for you.

I couldn't possibly comment on the honesty of British manufacturers. But you could save some embarrassmment buy buying two packs (or one pack of eight---slightly cheaper) approximately every sixteen weeks. Of course you then have the problem of carrying them home and where to store the extra rolls, but hey, sort that one for yourself.

I buy mine in 9s. It such a nice number, being the square of 3. :D
Often to be found under the sink in the utility room! (that's the toilet rolls, not the number 9.. :))) )
But with 3 teenagers and 5 toilets, often to be found lacking too :shocked: :crying:

BTW, I just came across this....

View attachment 1274

Last edited by a moderator:
One presumes that your a good old fashioned Izal man? I think you'll find that the difference would be the amount used with your comb please refer to this thread.

Have you noticed that the width of the toilet paper has shrunk over the last decades? A diminishing act instantiated to let the bog roll producing industry save a bob or two.

Despite your tendency to raid Britain shouting, "Rape the women and kill the men!", I must disagree.

The paper has not got smaller, it is my bum that has got bigger.

Despite your tendency to raid Britain shouting, "Rape the women and kill the men!", I must disagree.

The paper has not got smaller, it is my bum that has got bigger.

Rejoice all ye good Brits in good spirit. I had to give up on the raping and killing. Never managed to remember if it was rape the churches and burn the women or the other way around. Much to complicated stuff for a humble Norseman...

Concerning your ever growing bum, you are backed up by modern science. I still maintain my allegation of the toilet roll making industry skimping on the paper though. It's either that or my toilet roll holder is getting wider.

I think my wife is saving money by buying rolls of rice paper! Either that or I have a particularly rough posterier

I still maintain my allegation of the toilet roll making industry skimping on the paper though. It's either that or my toilet roll holder is getting wider.

Another mystery!

Why are Norwegian toilet roll holders expanding?

Could it be a part of the Big Bang theory?

:))):welldone
Can anyone offer an understandable explanation of the following phenomenon,please?

I purchase toilet rolls in packets of four. No matter which order you use the rolls, the last one always has 0.73956 recurring the average number of sheets of the other three rolls.

How can this be as it could lead to gross embarrassment?

5 toilets that must be a record have you thought of changing your diets,I'm assuming you have 5 so there's always one handy just in case...John

I buy mine in 9s. It such a nice number, being the square of 3. :D
Often to be found under the sink in the utility room! (that's the toilet rolls, not the number 9.. :))) )
But with 3 teenagers and 5 toilets, often to be found lacking too :shocked: :crying:

BTW, I just came across this....

View attachment 1274

:))):welldone

5 toilets that must be a record have you thought of changing your diets,I'm assuming you have 5 so there's always one handy just in case...John

My son used to hog the bathroom. :w00t: My daughters used to complain about not being able to get in. :confused:
The obvious solution seemed to be to give them a bathroom each. :)))

Another mystery!

Why are Norwegian toilet roll holders expanding?

Could it be a part of the Big Bang theory?

Quite possibly. It's not that they are expanding, it's because viewed from here, due to relativity, they take longer to unroll.

Taking it further, if you consider the toilet as a black hole then paper drawn into it will join other matter and all the contents will be compressed into a very small ball which has almost infinite mass. Not a nice thought. :shocked:
I've been reading too much Brian Cox.

Quite possibly. It's not that they are expanding, it's because viewed from here, due to relativity, they take longer to unroll.

Taking it further, if you consider the toilet as a black hole then paper drawn into it will join other matter and all the contents will be compressed into a very small ball which has almost infinite mass. Not a nice thought. :shocked:
I've been reading too much Brian Cox.

But Black Holes come from Einstein - Cox is merely a publicist.

Yes, indeed Kev. But I thought as Brian Cox uses a theoretical light clock on a train to describe relativity and colliding billiard balls to explain the conservation of momentum, I would be on safe ground comparing a toilet bowl to a black hole to explain Bill's loss of paper.

Guess what else I got for chrissy...yep Brian Cox Everything that can happen does happen there's a lot of little clocks in there.I think maybe my wife thought it was a magic book or something who knows...john

YC,
If the loo is a Black Hole, then we have to wonder why Beddington Lane Sewage Works is so big. Perhaps if the Councils planning to erect an incinerator in Croydon could be convinced by your theory, why not put all rubbish down the Black Holes, after all, would we really miss a few dustcarts that ventured too close?