Beginner The Curse of Prior Knowledge

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
Attitude check:
When an infant learns to walk they may well fall over a few times.
Falling over is not a negative, it's a positive part of the learning process.
Yes I can. When confronted with a flight of stairs, hey easy I just lift up one leg at a time, one after the other or a jump and a skip, hey ho king of the mountain.
Once you've got all that one step at a time stuff figured out, time goes by and you wake up and it's your 70th birthday.
So if I buy a bungalow quickly can I stick with 69?

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
Good points, although my 71st is past.
Yes mine too. Were you born in 47 perhaps?
Due to past injuries I sometimes have to crawl upstairs but I can still remember how to slide back down step by step on my bottom.
So if I buy a bungalow quickly can I stick with 69?
I would recommend the bungalow. Our house has 3 floors but when the going gets tough I do have a comfortable couch on the ground floor. ;)

spike

Old Indian
Subscriber
Yes, '47 and we also have three floors. My 'studio' is on the ground floor.
Yes me too, on April 1, at 02:20 unfortunately or not which explains a lot or so I'm told.

My 'studio' is also on the ground floor with my practice room further back in the basement because:
Our house is built into the side of hill which means that the ground floor at the front of the house becomes the basement and cellar at the back. And so on up the stairs, the next floor is the first floor at the front and the ground floor out into the garden at the back. and the top floor is the 3rd floor at the front and the second floor at the back with a lovely view of my rock'n'roll rockery.

We bought this house in 2001 and I knew straight away this is an ideal rock'n'roll saxophone house. I can rehearse day and night whenever I please without disturbing anybody. The only complaint I've ever had from the neighbours was that they couldn't hear me.

I've always been really lucky in that respect having always lived in houses and apartments and apartments and houses where practing was no problem.

I do sympathise with other musicians who have noise problems with the neighbours which in turn inhibits their practice routine and subsequent progress.

Okay so I've gone off topic but we're at page 4 anyway. Happy Halloween Folks >:)

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
Build an underground bunker and see if that will take you to 59 :rofl:
If you can dig your way through the Earth’s crust, you might dock off another 20.
Too young, I might have to go back to work unless I could get to be the pampered pet of a crazy cat Lady.

saxyjt

Attitude check:
When an infant learns to walk they may well fall over a few times.
Falling over is not a negative, it's a positive part of the learning process.
Yes I can. When confronted with a flight of stairs, hey easy I just lift up one leg at a time, one after the other or a jump and a skip, hey ho king of the mountain.
Once you've got all that one step at a time stuff figured out, time goes by and you wake up and it's your 70th birthday.
Why do I have the feeling that we get somewhat impatient as we grow older?

I remember being rather stubborn and trying over and over when I was younger and I knew I'd achieve it in the end. To a certain extend, I'm the same, but I have 3 kids and a wife that can't understand why it's so important to spend all that time trying... :confused2:

randulo

Europe
Subscriber
She might just come out of the woodwork for this Japanese potato salad I made today. But more on topic, I posted a review of a method today, I wonder if any of you would care to share your experiences with methods, etudes, books, CD/DVD etc.

Top Bottom