support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Speaker Dock for Mp3 Player

Thaumaturge

Locality
Derbyshire
Looking for some help from the technically minded members (which I am not). I want to play mp3 backing tracks using my Sansa View mp3 player. Can anyone recommend a speaker dock which will give me good sound quality when played loud enough for this purpose and which is compatible with my Sansa View player.

Colin

Thanks c9off but that looks a bit 'industrial' - probably what you use for gigging or busking. I should have said in my post that it is for home use in my practise room.

Regards,
Colin

I don't know of your player mate ...

But if it docks the same as an iPod then this is what I use at home ...

It produces really good sound ... :thumb:

+1 for both the Ion and Bose sound docks.

For very small and portable but with big sound, I also use a pocket size 'JBL on Tour' speaker which is much more powerful than the size would infer - connects direct to MP3/Ipod or laptop. Battery or mains power and costs less than £30.

just a jack to phono lead from the earphone socket into anything with an auxillary input £3 / 4 rather than vast expense.
Thats my preferred method :)

Thanks for all your suggestions. - they have given me some options to look into/try out.

Taz,
In that case the Tailgater might just be the best option - I'll try it out at Maplins.

Regards,
Colin

That's were I got mine Trimmy, I did have to send the first one back though as it was faulty. The second one has been faultless and I would use them again!

Well spotted Trimmy. I had already decided to buy the Tailgater on the recommendation of c9off and Taz and I have ordered from the seller that you found. I have gone for the IPA07 which is slightly more expensive.
Thanks All,
Colin

just a jack to phono lead from the earphone socket into anything with an auxillary input £3 / 4 rather than vast expense.
Thats my preferred method :)

However, depending on your MP3 player, you won't get the sound level needed to play over it. I have a Phillips GoGear, which has a volume limiter - great for protecting your ears when using head-phones, but it means that your suggested headphone- to - line-in route just doesn't produce a loud enough sound.
I have a TDK soundcube,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TDK-Sound-C...F8AS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333448496&sr=8-1
which has a USB socket. If your MP3 player (any one, not just an iPod) has a USB cable, you can run it through the Soundcube and get a good loud sound. I run mine at about 50% and wake up most of the street!