in memoriam 1947 - 2023
Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
25967-jexvAPgY5fYqJM2UrrOmKhqukvb.jpg

Title: Shetland

Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery

Creator: Ann Cleeves

Cast: Douglas Henshall, Mark Bonnar, Julie Graham, Erin Armstrong, Julia Brown, Alison O'Donnell, Steven Robertson, Stephen Walters, Neve McIntosh, Gerard Miller, Fiona Bell

First aired: 2013-03-10

Overview: Created from the novels by award winning crime writer Ann Cleeves, Shetland follows DI Jimmy Perez and his team as they investigate crime within the close knit island community. In this isolated and sometimes inhospitable environment, the team have to rely on a uniquely resourceful style of policing.

A very well made series featuring a police detective on Shetland Island. It starts a bit slow, but toward the end of the series there is a lot of suspenseful drama. I might add I find it refreshing to watch a police show without all of the gun violence found in the ones in my country. :)

Can you understand what they are saying in the TV program? I remember reading years ago about the Scottish police drama "Taggart" when it was first shown in the US. The American TV audience said it was a great drama but wished it was in English...:rofl:

Greg S.

I can’t imagine crimes happening in Shetland. It’s the sort of place I’d love to hide away in to get away from crime. I have never been there, but I have an idyllic picture in my head.
I’ll have to look this one up and watch it.

Can you understand what they are saying in the TV program? I remember reading years ago about the Scottish police drama "Taggart" when it was first shown in the US. The American TV audience said it was a great drama but wished it was in English...:rofl:

Greg S.
I know what you mean. There were times I wished it had subtitles.

I can’t imagine crimes happening in Shetland. It’s the sort of place I’d love to hide away in to get away from crime. I have never been there, but I have an idyllic picture in my head.
I’ll have to look this one up and watch it.

I think it may be on Netflicks if I recall correctly - I like a good British crime drama.

Greg S.

I know what you mean. There were times I wished it had subtitles.

My Aunt lives in Lancster. I find it easier to understand my cousin north of Inverness than Lancastrian. When I talk with her on the phone it takes me about half an hour before I am getting more than half of what she says :oops::D

My Aunt lives in Lancster. I find it easier to understand my cousin north of Inverness than Lancastrian. When I talk with her on the phone it takes me about half an hour before I am getting more than half of what she says :oops::D
Technically I’m from Lancashire....
I’ve been to Skye a number of times and taken the day trip to Harris and Lewis in the Outer Hebrides. The accent there is quite soft and not a problem to understand. I do remember staying in the Hilton in Glasgow for work and breakfast being served by a Glaswegian ex docker... now that was challenging...

Back
Top Bottom