support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Season's Greetings - hello again

Luluna

Café Supporter
Have been away a while, my do things change quickly :) The site is looking great!

Pleased to report that since joining the site 3 years ago and picking up my sax after a 25 year hiatus, I am playing regularly (2 different band rehearsals a week) and wondering why I waited so long. I am grateful for your encouragement, friendship and advice.

Best wishes to old friends and new for a happy and healthy holiday season.

Lovely to hear from you, Lulu!!!!

Have a great Christmas up in them thar hills - warm regards from the Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in Wales.......ther's still a welcome in the hillside:shocked::w00t:;}

Lots of Love
Tom:cool::cool:

Hi Lori, welcome back. I think we can give you a run for your money here with regards to snow. Well.. maybe not but we are just not used to so much so soon in the year.
Hope all is well with you, kindest and best wishes. Phil

HELLO LULUNA

A very warm welcome back,I for one have missed your posts and hope to hear a lot more from you in the future.I hope you and your family are well and wish you all the very best for the coming festive season.We are at present in the grip of a deep freeze but this could end as quickly as it came,I'm sure all the kids are loving it at the moment having snow ball fights even though most of the country seems to be grinding to a halt but that's England for you (very short memory)don't seem to be able to remember last year and prepare for it again this year.Here's wishing you well ...john

WOW! I am overwhelmed by your kind and speedy greetings :w00t:

You guys really make an old gal feel welcome ;} **blush**

There is still plenty of snow in Vermont to go around, I assure you there's been no shortage since about mid-October. Sorry if the excess floated over and caused trouble for you all. If London has a foot of snow - you have more on the ground than we do at the moment!

Still have my old Buescher (still not completely fixed, I'm working on it). Was asked to fill in at the local college playing my tenor in their jazz ensemble (the most fun I've had in years and years) and once the students realized I was old enough to be their mother, they started calling me Mama Sax - maybe I should change my CS member name?

The family is keeping me running like a hamster on a motorized wheel - the older 2 children have graduated university and both have moved away for jobs in NYC and Philadelphia, the 3rd has been touring universities, and the little guy (age 7) asks so many questions I don't need to do crosswords to keep sharp. Adjusting to the new job of primary caretaker of our mountain farm fortress since the hubby commutes weekly to Washington D.C. ~ too many hats but I'm managing. :) One addition, a stray puppy (73 lbs worth) parked himself on our mud porch. He was dumped on our road and was eating out of the garbage cans. His name is Sam (a chocolate lab/American bulldog mix). Called all the veterinarians and shelters and no one reported him missing and I couldn't bear to put him out. Will post a pic soon for any dog lovers out there.

Looking forward to catching up with all of you - lots of reading to do I see!

Have been missing the site, but especially all of you. ♥ xoxo

My old schnauzer Skipper (she's 12) is like a puppy again with this new handsome boy around (the vet thinks he's just a year old). Love the names Merlin and Teddy.

As I type this Sam is contentedly snoring in his bed :) Everyone tells me if a stray animal chooses you, it's a magical thing. It really is.

Don't know if this will work. Taken on the phone so not very good quality.
Phil

John ~ my in-laws have homes in Mijas Pueblo - I love sunny Spain! :) I remember seeing the dogs scamper around the village together, it was wonderful.

This dog is so sweet and well trained (sit, stay, fetch, leash and kennel trained, lovely with my young son), I have to think the previous owners must have been in a really bad spot to just let him go. We put flyers up everywhere (they're still up since September 1) and no one has called. We took him to the vet immediately and he was in a bad way filled with hookworms, fleas and an ear infection. I am happy to report he's had all his shots, been treated for the parasites, and has been given a clean bill of health by the vet.

He is such a love, I'm so glad he found us.

Hola again Lori,
I live further north, near Alicante.
The spanish are a friendly nation, who have great family unity and respect for their elders. They have been so friendly towards us (I have a lovely wife, Carole), that it would break our hearts to leave.
Some do have the disgusting habbit, of kicking their dogs out onto the street, when they go on holiday though!!!

The music scene has started to die off recently, with clubs that used to be packed, now struggling.
I am having withdrawal symptoms, as I love playing in a good band. There are some fantastic guitarists here, who really inspire me.

Enough of me. I look forward with interest, to reading some of your posts. It's always good to get the feminine point of view.

John.

Last edited by a moderator:

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom