support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

saxophone and sheep a strange mix

will a

Hi all
well the title says it all really love the sax and keep sheep .
been playing sax for ever , started as a boy soldier at 15 at Bovington dorset then Kneller Hall then 16/5 queens lancers then moved to the Scots Guards in London that gave me some of the best times of my life ,still watch the cenotaph and trooping of the colour
stopped playing when I left the army for some years (pretty normal for x military musicians) and milked cows and tended sheep for 15 years before picking up a saxophone again
bought one of the Normans franchises and run that of quite a while , it did really well and made good money till I could no longer cope with going in to schools to teach kids who dident want to practice ! so now do weddings and love it ,we (thats myself and wife Jenny ,a grand looking woman) spend the winter in tenerife and love that too
anyway hope to meet some fellow players on here

Hi Will

Welcome to the cafe, great bunch on here and all willing to give plenty of advice for us (me that is) novices, we have regrets in life mine was not picking the sax up earlier :( but that said i got plenty of time to enjoy it now. :)

Tenerife in the winter is the place to be, been the last 3 years (January) love it, see you in 2012 :)

Kev

Hello Will, and a warm welcome to the cafe. A friend of mine, the late Richard (Ricky) Robertson joined the band of the Queens Lancers and signed up for fourteen years. Did your paths cross by any chance? After his time with the army he did another fourteen years with an Irish Show Band. Little wonder he was a good sax player.

Jim.

Hi Will

Welcome to the cafe, great bunch on here and all willing to give plenty of advice for us (me that is) novices, we have regrets in life mine was not picking the sax up earlier :( but that said i got plenty of time to enjoy it now. :)

Tenerife in the winter is the place to be, been the last 3 years (January) love it, see you in 2012 :)

Kev

hi Kev
let us know when you are in tenerife and we will get in touch maybe you coiuld have a meal at one of the places i well be playing

First Date ...

Steady on there trimmy ...

Will has spent fifteen years in the company of sheep ... :shocked: ;}

After dinner - If he tries to coral you ...

Run ... :w00t:

Greetings Will, and welcome to the Cafe. I don't keep sheep, but when I play my bari outside the squirrels leap out of the stone wall...I'm waiting for a moose to answer the call!

Glad you're here!

Back
Top Bottom