support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Sax Insurance Abroad

Bradley

Hey all,

I'm going away for 10 months to live in France and will be heading back and forth between there and the UK regularly during that time. Does anyone know of or use any particular insurance when travelling abroad with their saxophone?

Thanks!

I am insured via Victor C Knight. There are different levels, e.g. inside the house, anywhere i UK (inc left in a car) or worldwide.

I tend to add the EU/worldwide on an as needed basis, but if you were in and out of the UK for 10 months it would be best to cover for EU for the year.

As you have a BA alto, I would check that if in the case of loss the company will pay you market value cash for a "vintage collectible" as opposed to just replacing with a new Selmer,which might not be what you want.

This is part of the reason why I stay with Victor Knight.

Thanks for the info guys, will definitely have to check whether they'll pay out for a new vintage sax or for the new Selmer equivalent (if there is such a thing!). I'm looking at Allianz, JLT, Endsleigh and now Victor C Knight so if anyone else has any experience with these or knows of others then please let me know!

Back
Top Bottom