support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Sax.co.uk . . . Sussex or London?

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Since I am based in London for the next 2 weeks, for my Paralympics GamesMaker role, and I have a day off tomorrow, I have planned to visit that nice Saxophone shop.
But now I find myself questioning which one of them to visit. I see that the one in Crowborough is only yards from the railway station, so probably just as easy to get to as the one in Denmark Street.
Any thoughts on which one would be the better one to visit?
I specifically want to look at Bari harnesses, but (let's face it) anything saxophone will be good :)))

I've been to both. Denmark St is a shop, Crowborough is more like a car showroom full of shiny shiny saxes and associated kit. I'm getting all excited thinking about it! Staff at both very helpful though, even to a newbie like me.

And I've left my husband at home, does that count?
That doesn't make sence..shurely you'll need him to lug all your new stuff? Crowborough is bigger and with more stuff to "buy" but Denmark st is equally as good, i was served by the owner, Phil who i found really helpful and i even got to play a bass sax at Denmark st! plus every other shop on the street is something music, well worth a visit.

I have been to both and i echo what the others say,more at Crowborough,but also while you are in London try to go to Howarths which is another shop thats easy to get in but you don't want to leave,prob the best stock of mouthpieces in the country.

Brian

Mandy, the reason why OG suggested Crowborough is so that he can throw things from Git Towers as you pass by E. Croydon. Naturally, as you came through here you would have got a nice wave. Seriously, I'm sure Jules and his colleagues will give you all the help they can.

We are up at the Olympic Park on Saturday for the athletics and Monday for the swimming, both evening sessions. PM me if there's any chance of meeting and saying Hi in your gamesmaker capacity!

I've just worked out that I have to walk the whole length of Oxford Street to get from Sax.co.uk to Howarths....are you guys torturing me ?? :w00t:
I have already spent far too much in Crowborough :)))

I've just worked out that I have to walk the whole length of Oxford Street to get from Sax.co.uk to Howarths....are you guys torturing me ?? :w00t:
I have already spent far too much in Crowborough :)))

WALK from Denmark St to Howarths? Are you crazy? It's not even a very nice walk. Take the Tube

Jon

In Oxford Street...nothing... Although the walk wasn't THAT bad.
At Sax.co.uk....a FreeNeck 4.1 harness for my Bari! A few reeds, a book of music...a bit of this, a bit of that.

Back
Top Bottom