support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Property in Liverpool

Tommy Ng

Locality
South Yorkshire
Hi

A friend of mine from overseas is thinking to buy this property for investment. I am not familiar with properties in Liverpool and wonder if anyone can give an advice. It does seem to be quite a good investment but where is the catch??

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.aspx?edid=00&salerent=0&pid=10285898

General Information
1. Project Jennifer right next door. A £150m superstore and Mega Mall bringing over 1100 jobs to the community. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...fer-to-finally-start-in-2012-100252-27813762/
3. 15 tenants chasing every 1 property that becomes available in Liverpool.
4. Liverpool Actually ran out of rental property at several points this year.
5. Rents one up 10% since May 2011.
6. £112,000 rebuild Cost.
7. Lenders agreed 60% LTV refinance after 6 months.
8. 21% below RICS Valuations.
9. 3 year rental assurance backed by MEDL with £500,000 deposited by MEDL in rental account.
10. LCC Completion certificate provided to buyer.
11. KDP Architects Certificate provided to buyer.
12. 10 SHP Structural Warranty provided to buyer.
13. 10 Premier Guarantee provided to buyer.
14. 3 bedroom Apartments... very rare.
15. All rental comparisons higher than the £575 per month we are charging.
16. 4 minutes on bus or drive to City centre.
17. 2 bus stops on either side of the project.
18. 12 minutes walk into city centre.
19. Gated Community with 24 hour live in Security and CCTV.
20. Parking within the gated community available at no charge for tenants

tom :)

It's in Liverpool.

Typical !!!! Yawn, Yawn, Yawn :rolleyes:

Tommy

The apartment if you want to be stuck up, i call them flats ! are ex council property which were sold then renovated quite a few years back.
They are as they say very convenient for the city centre, the area they are in is not the best but by no means the worst, if you took those flats and placed them in the southside of the city then they would probably be worth double ( we even have a north/south divide in the city never mind nationally )

If it is just for an investment i would say you can't go wrong, but i'm no expert ! When they where 1st released for sale they did sell for a lot more than £69k, sellers loss your friends gain i suppose.

I would check to find out why someone is selling ? At one time they were rented by students, but over the last few years the students have moved into the city centre due to a lot of flats being built just for student purposes.
Maybe this is why they are going cheaper ? Both football stadiums are a 5 min walk from the flats which would be a good rental option.(when Liverpool are at home it is very difficult to find a hotel)

Liverpool is a city that is very much on the up, contrary to what others (southerners) think, Nick !!
Do a thorough search about Liverpool over the last 10 years and you will find it to be one of the most thriving cities in Britain, yes we have our idiots as does every major city but the majority are decent hardworking people given the chance.

If your friend wants to visit the city, pm me and i will show him the good and the bad parts of the city ( iv'e been a cab driver for 23yrs so i know the city )

http://www.visitliverpool.com/

Hope this helps Tommy

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya got there first !!! (apologies for Trimmy and Saxby)

:rolleyes: Errm, Tenor Viol is also a native Liverpudlian who at present is domiciled in bucolic Shropshire....

I lived in Liverpool until my mid-20s and my brother and family live at the northern perimeter in Crosby.

Liverpool is a city and like all cities has its pros and cons and the usual collection of idiots. A big pro is the coastal location and the river, with easy access to north Wales, Lake District etc (both areas only 60 - 90 minute drive away). Liverpool is a compact city and you're in countryside within about 10 miles of the city centre. Liverpool has the largest selection of Georgian architecture of any British city (including London). It also has a lot of parks and green spaces. Some parts of the city, especially the south, are very green, leafy, and expensive!

The city has undergone some immense changes over the last 10 years or so and is still changing. Students frequently rate Liverpool as one of the best cities for student life.

There are numerous cultural attractions. Personally, I can't stand football, so that's not something that would affect me ;}

I think Everton would be described as 'an area undergoing redevelopment'. It's handy for the city centre, but it's not an affluent area. It was all terraced houses and big areas were flattened in the blitz and not rebuilt on. The 60s flattened a lot of the rest and built housing that has since been demolished. I don't know the properties, but I see that Trimmy has supplied the gen on that.

Having to travel regularly to London on business to Canary Wharf and travelling on the DLR, I would say that persons domiciled in buildings of patent frangibility ought to be careful about where they are hurling their igneous projectiles...>:)

Oh, ok. Much as I dislike it and many other cities, it does have the Walker. And thus redeems itself.

Oh, ok. Much as I dislike it and many other cities, it does have the Walker. And thus redeems itself.
I'm with you on that one. :thumb:

I lived in Liverpool until I was 26. I now live in the countryside in a much bigger house than I could ever afford in a city (including Liverpool). The canal is 200 yards away. Personally, cities are OK to visit, but given a choice I wouldn't live in one now - too noisy, too dirty, too much traffic.

I stick up for Liverpool because it gets a (mostly undeserved) bad rap from people who've never been there.

An ideal property for an absentee landlord hoping for an easy profit.

Actually I do have to say, I've got nothing agianst Liverpool but the set-up was too good to let go! Spent many a good evening there.. though I'm not convinced by the 'new 'cavern club....

Actually I do have to say, I've got nothing agianst Liverpool but the set-up was too good to let go! Spent many a good evening there.. though I'm not convinced by the 'new 'cavern club....
Quite. Back in the early 80s, I worked in the finance district in Liverpool and Matthew St was a short walk away. I remember them demolishing the Cavern Club to build the little shopping mall and then building a new 'cavern club' not quite where the original was next door. I have no doubt that marketing types try to gloss over that inconvenient fact....

Back in the 70s (somewhat off topic) it used to be amusing coming out of school to see a minibus of Japanese tourists going past, cameras in hand. The reason? At the bottom of the road was the orphanage, Strawberry Fields...

Several other art galleries, museums, theatres, etc.
Looked at Sittingbourne on google, it would appear that if you weren't there it wouldn't have any culture.

Looked at Sittingbourne on google, it would appear that if you weren't there it wouldn't have any culture.

Believe the Thames Barge Museum is there and how much more cultural can you get.

Even the barge boards inspired the Formula One aerodynamicists.

:))):))):))):))):)))

Ok. Pot, kettle, etc.

In keeping with local tradition yobs burned down the Barge Museum 3 years ago.

IMG_2238s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: