support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Playalong for Harmony with Lego Bricks

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
I have got Conrad Cork's excellent book "Harmony with Lego Bricks" and there are also 77 playalong tracks that accompany the book, but aren't/weren't provided with it.

I found that you are supposed to be able to get the tracks free from the Jazzwise website

But the links there to four zip (archive files) don't work.

Does anyone know how I can get these tracks ?

Thanks

Rhys

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that - it does look an interesting additional resource, so I have bought that e-book and downloaded the tracks that go with it.

I've also emailed the Jazzwise website people and hope they can sort it out.

Rhys

Thanks Kev, I had missed that thread and it is interesting.

After I bought John Elliott's e-book I have been in email contact with him and found out that he was the keyboard player on a gig I saw last month. What a small world.

No luck yet with the Lego Bricks playalong tracks, as the archive file that someone posted on 4shared.com seems to have been removed.

Rhys

Rhys,

apparently the files were removed because I had not logged on to my account recently. I do not have the files to hand but I will try to remember them tomorrow and will repost them on 4shared or somewere similar. I will let you know where.

regards,
Colin

Rhys,

If you are not already aware there is a google group for lego bricks which you might find useful.
You might also like to look at impro-visor.com where Bob Keller's software can be used for lego brick 'Road Maps'.

Good luck,
Colin

Rhys,

If you are not already aware there is a google group for lego bricks which you might find useful.
You might also like to look at impro-visor.com where Bob Keller's software can be used for lego brick 'Road Maps'.

Good luck,
Colin

Thanks Colin - I'm downloading the first one as I write, but it is going incredibly slowly. Another six hours and it should be finished !

I'll also have a look at that Google Group.

Rhys

Pete,

I can only repeat my post in a similar thread in June 2010:

" My copy of Conrad's book states that one is free to copy and distribute the Lego Brick tracks". My copy of the tracks were obtained at the time I bought the book and I therefore don't see why there should be any objection to them being shared.

Regards,
Colin

Pete,

I can only repeat my post in a similar thread in June 2010:

" My copy of Conrad's book states that one is free to copy and distribute the Lego Brick tracks". My copy of the tracks were obtained at the time I bought the book and I therefore don't see why there should be any objection to them being shared.

Hi Colin, yes, Jazzwise are aware of what it says in earlier editions, they just told me of the current situation which is not the same, in other words what it said in earlier editions may or may not have been correct.

I doubt you will get in trouble, this kind of thing happens all the time. It's just that having been informed by the copyright owner, I have to remove the links.

I'd have thought a written statement like that clearly overrides an opinion from Jazzwise.
But could be difficult for the forum owner if it comes to a legal battle.
Don't we have any legal people in our membership?

I'd have thought a written statement like that clearly overrides an opinion from Jazzwise.

It doesn't, because what matters is the current copyright owner, not the previous one.

Whatever the legal situation actually is, the safest thing for me to do is assume that what the copyright owner has told me is correct, I don't wish to get into a legal battle with jazzwise whatever the legal rights or wrongs may be.

It doesn't, because what matters is the current copyright owner, not the previous one.

Whatever the legal situation actually is, the safest thing for me to do is assume that what the copyright owner has told me is correct, I don't wish to get into a legal battle with jazzwise whatever the legal rights or wrongs may be.

Looks as if we were posting at the same time.
Sorry, wasn't trying to disagree with you. More cover both positions.
I'll see if I can get something out of our company legal people, they're just down the passage.

After an interesting chat, the conclusion was.... Not sure, I'm not an IP lawyer. May be more to come, we do have an IP lawyer, I'll update if I hear anything, but there are so many things I don't know that we may not get a straight answer.

After an interesting chat, the conclusion was.... Not sure, I'm not an IP lawyer. May be more to come, we do have an IP lawyer, I'll update if I hear anything, but there are so many things I don't know that we may not get a straight answer.

It's a bit like this:

You have a trampoline in your garden and you tell the neighbour's kids they can use it, you even mention it in a letter to them.
You sell the house, and the new owners say the neighbour's kids can't use it.

If they have been using it for 20 years, they may be able to claim it's a public right of way, but I doubt it.