support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

News flash! Amateur sax player from Brisbane, Oz joins Cafe Saxophone forum.

eldavo

Locality
Brisbane, Australia
I may have built up that title too much!

Hi, I'm Dave, an amateur saxophonist (engineering manager by day) - I played alto in primary school, tenor in high school, played for a little bit at the start of uni then stopped playing save for the odd occasion or two.

Almost 3 years ago I decided I would start playing again and get involved. I have been having lots of fun, enjoying and feeling it much more than I did in school, getting to jams and taking as many opportunities as I can to play in bands etc. I don't get a lot of practice in, but try to get some practice where I can. I also got lessons this year (until the teacher got busy.)

Certainly I have a few bad habits which I'm trying to get rid of, and have so much to work on it's hard to decide where to start, but I am enjoying myself heaps, both in the creating of and the enjoying of music.

I'm currently getting clarinet lessons, and own the main significant members of the sax and clarinet families. (Very) slowly on the side I am teaching myself bass, guitar, piano and baritone horn.

Anyway, that's me, hopefully I will be able to both learn from the forum and contribute to it.

Also, if anyone is from Brisbane, I am happy to meet up/jam/try to get gigs/busk/whatever :)

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave!

A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from the sax community in Old South Wales, in the land of Snake Davis and the Ospreys. I'm glad you heard the call to recommence play the sax and responded to it before it was too late!

Kind regards
Tom

Re: News flash! Amateur sax player from Brisbane, Oz joins Café Saxophone forum.

Hi Dave, welcome to the Café..

Chris...

Re: News flash! Amateur sax player from Brisbane, Oz joins Café Saxophone forum.

Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum. Haven't been around here long myself and I'm a newcomer to sax playing. It's been great advice and great fun, so you've come to a good place.

Mel

A big welcome to Brisbane's very own one-man-band. With all those instruments on the go it's a wonder you can fit in a day-job!

Good luck and happy times.

Dave

Big welcome from me. Have fun here. How do the saxes stand up to the heat in such a hot climate?

Howdy Dave. Welcome to the forums. You like it here I have a feeling. Just remember once you're through that door it shrinks on ya and you might never get out. Enjoy

Welcome to the cafe :thumb:

Enjoy your journey

Welcome to the caff©, Dave.

Wanna buy a cricket team?

ENJOY!​™

Hi everybody, seems like a very friendly group of people here!

To Andy, I mean no offence to the other instruments in the families, just haven't come across any cheap enough yet!

In saxes, SACTB and in clarinets SABCa - though the C sax is being serviced by me and doesn't play properly yet. Just because I have them doesn't mean I can play 'em well!

The saxes do fine in the climate (pads stay settled), but reeds do commonly warp, but after a little bath most of them start to behave.

Cheers,

Dave

P.s., no cricket team for me thanks, my preference goes to rugby league!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dave from an ex pat (Newcastle, go the Knights) now living in NZ. Hope the revival goes well and certainly this is a good forum to be in mate

Hi Dave, I'm also in Brissie, south side. I play in the Redlands bay community band. Google them, let le know if you want to join us. I play tenor and bari, my friend plays tenor and alto, we jam on Saturdays.
Cheers

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Howdy!

Is this the one? www dot redlandcitybands dot org dot au slash ourbands.php (I don't have enough posts up to put a link up it seems!)
If so, which one of the community bands do you play in?

Sometimes I'm rehearsing in a reggae band on Saturdays but some are free, I'd be keen to jam :)

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave, I'm also in Brissie, south side. I play in the Redlands bay community band. Google them, let le know if you want to join us. I play tenor and bari, my friend plays tenor and alto, we jam on Saturdays.
Cheers

I play bari in the beginner band and tenor in the wind ensemble, only been playing for 4 yrs.

I may have built up that title too much!

Hi, I'm Dave, an amateur saxophonist (engineering manager by day) - I played alto in primary school, tenor in high school, played for a little bit at the start of uni then stopped playing save for the odd occasion or two.

Almost 3 years ago I decided I would start playing again and get involved. I have been having lots of fun, enjoying and feeling it much more than I did in school, getting to jams and taking as many opportunities as I can to play in bands etc. I don't get a lot of practice in, but try to get some practice where I can. I also got lessons this year (until the teacher got busy.)

Certainly I have a few bad habits which I'm trying to get rid of, and have so much to work on it's hard to decide where to start, but I am enjoying myself heaps, both in the creating of and the enjoying of music.

I'm currently getting clarinet lessons, and own the main significant members of the sax and clarinet families. (Very) slowly on the side I am teaching myself bass, guitar, piano and baritone horn.

Anyway, that's me, hopefully I will be able to both learn from the forum and contribute to it.

Also, if anyone is from Brisbane, I am happy to meet up/jam/try to get gigs/busk/whatever :)

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,
I am not from AU but we do have a couple of things in commom:
well we both play sax e we both are engineering managers...!!
cheers mate
welcome
marcello

Back
Top Bottom