support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New to Cafe Saxophone

BeBopSop

Hi all greetings from rainy worcester in the midlands, I have a love hate relationship with my new soprano curvy bronze bauhaus walstein sax.(the hate bit is when it is playing up) but it seems ok at the moment, been playing in an amateur way for a few years now, started in 1995 learned to read and play, tought by my wifes uncle, who played big and small bands in the 50s and 60s, I had a break for about 15 years and have just in the last 2 months come back for some more! this time sop only....a good challenge! Just getting mp, reeds, sax etc sorted. Also buying a few play along books
likes mainstream jazz getz, p. desmond, steve lacy, etc
John
ps where is the spell checker please?

Hi Kev, the lower octave pad was opening slightly when it should not have done, and when I blew a lower f e d c b bfat it played an octave higher, took quite a time for me to sort out though! I had to get it fixed localy at my local repairer shop, he made a great job too.

Welcome to the Cafe ...

Hey Hey BeBop ...

Glad you dropped by ... ;}

Special Link - For you and Fraser ...

Here is a spell checker for Internet Explorer [Link]

Here is how to use the integral spell checker for Firefox [link]

Here is a spell checker for Mac/Safari [Link]

Hope that helps ...

Hi Tom, its a Rue Lapis mouthpiece from Joe at sopranoplanet,started with a Yamaha 4c, but had trouble getting the lower notes to sound smooth, after posting on saxontheweb I got a lot of help (and this MP) from sopranoplanet.I see you have one of his MPs too,still strugling to get top e and f though? Did you have any problems with your curvy to start with?

Hi John!

The Via Coro I have is just superb - very easy up top and down below. Joe is such a nice chap! Saxwise I had some work done on it to improve the mechanism of the G#/C#/B/Bb keys etc. I recently acquired a straight bronze AI version which is better technically but do prefer the Curvie.

Kind regards
Tom

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom