PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces New Otto Link Vintage Metal Mouthpieces

freddysilk

Locality
Cleveland, Ohio
I was curious to see if anyone played these new mouthpieces yet. I'm wondering if it's as stuffy and airy as the regular metal stm's.

If anyone has played one, let me know your thoughts.

I was curious to see if anyone played these new mouthpieces yet. I'm wondering if it's as stuffy and airy as the regular metal stm's.

If anyone has played one, let me know your thoughts.

I'd like to know too, I think they are only available in 7 or 7* aren't they at the moment?

The website I saw them on had the same sizes as the standard STM. I've heard someone play the Otto Link NY mouthpiece which had a richer, bolder sound than the standard STM. I'm just curious about the vintage mouthpiece since I didn't like the sound of the standard STM.

No GAS here - just curiousity since I can identify the STM's as stuffy and airy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minor update on this- They are available in any facing a normal Link is (though Babbett got caught on the hop by the success of these pieces and promptly sold out of more of less everything- making them all pretty tricky to get hold of at the moment).
Sound-wise these have a huge chamber, making them extremely dark toned by the standard of any mouthpiece. I've only had about a 10 minute toot on one but the whole thing felt very old fashioned in sound, very little edge or bite to it's tone but a nice, big warmth to it.
Can't really comment on it being stuffy or airy as.... well.. I'd never really considered default Links to be that way inclined, so I'm problaby not the guy to ask.

The internal dimensions of these are copied more after the old Tone Master than any other Link, but with more baffle than the Tone Masters originally had. It is a larger chamber with a steeper floor than the current STMs. If you find the current STM stuffy, the vintage one is unlikely to suit you. These should work better in smaller tip openings than larger ones.

Back
Top Bottom