support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

New member from Denmark

Nordbo

Locality
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hello, everybody -

I just had my first sip of coffee in this café. However, I'm not new to sax. I started playing the clarinet in 1964, switched to tenor sax in 1966, added hardware along the way and is now playing SATB saxes and clarinet in six(!) different bands. And yes, I have recently retired from my working life as an engineer and so have lots of time for playing.

Hope to see a lot of you all here!

Regards Bo

Big welcome from me. Have fun, sounds like you have a lot to share with us!

Hi Bo, welcome to the Cafe :)

Welcome Bo, from one engineer to another.

Rhys

Hi Bo!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Lites, down by yer in Wales, isn't it, mind! You did not say what sort of music you play in the various bands - is it mainly Belgian Psychadelic Jazz, or Grandad music from the 30's? Or does it possess a techno vibe........
I look forward to an update when you have a moment.................:thumb:

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Welcome to the caff©, Bo.

Fan of Sarah Lund and Wallander. Are you anything like them?

ENJOY!

Hey Hey Nordbo ...

Recently retired have you mate ... :thumb:

Soon you will wonder how you ever found time to go to work ... :shocked:

Six Bands ... Wow ... That must keep you really busy ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

You did not say what sort of music you play in the various bands - is it mainly Belgian Psychadelic Jazz, or Grandad music from the 30's? Or does it possess a techno vibe........
I look forward to an update when you have a moment.................:thumb:

No Belgian Psychadelic Jazz (whatever that is - sounds interesting) and a fair amount of stuff from the thirties - the heyday of the Big Bands.
So - I play baritone in two Big Bands (great fun, the baritone seems to have a life of its own in many BB charts), soprano and alto in a sax quartet mainly playing the music of Lennie Niehaus, baritone in another sax quartet that plays music from J. S. Bach to Thelonius Monk, tenor in a smallish (four horns) jazz group where I try my hand in improvising (I stink) - and, finally - eh - yes, I remember now: I try to play clarinet i a Concert Band.
And, speaking of clarinet: I stopped playing it around 1966 and took it up again last year when I was pushed into the Concert Band. The fellows who pushed told me that playing the clarinet is like riding a bike: once you have learned it, you will never forget it. I can now testify: this is totally false! After a break of 45 years you have to start from scratch, and clarinet is difficult!

Regards Bo

Fan of Sarah Lund and Wallander. Are you anything like them?
ENJOY!

Well, let's see: I'm 6'4'', walk with a slight stoop, have a grey beard - so yes, I might be Sarah Lunds double.
Regards Bo

Hi Bo, welcome to the cafe. The only problem playing with more than one band is when they book gigs on the same date. It's a lot of fun though.

Jim.

Back
Top Bottom