support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Name for a new jazz club

Pete C

Locality
Exeter
Mack and I are starting a new monthly jazz club in Exeter: It's going to kick off in a pub cellar in the City Centre in April. The first evening will consist of a set by my trio followed by a jam. We have some sponsorship and there will be a small entrance fee of £2 to build up some cash so we can expand to a quartet next time and maybe start inviting some guests. We need a name for the club. Any ideas? We don't want to include the pub's name in case the venue has to change. All suggestions welcome. It will be mainstream to modern to contemporary jazz so foot stomping riverboating steamer type themes inappropriate!

Cheers
Pete

P.S. Griff - this is somewhere you and your Exmouth mates can come and have a blow

Good luck to you Pete. Great idea.
First thing that comes to mind is "Pete's Place". Nicely redolent of aliterative former club names such as Village Vanguard, Billy Berg's (or even New Orleans' Pete Lala's Place but that might be too reminiscent of the riverboating steamer theme!).
Makes the idea of a West Country retirement even more attractive or making sure the dates to travel to Devon/Cornwall on hols coincide with club nights.
YC

Hi Pete/Mack, Good luck on your venture.
Exeter Jazz Club!
Les.

Pete,
Trying to use any place association comes out as Exe-Crete, so you'd better start looking Mediterranean although Jazz Exepress might just scrape through but the intro would have to be "Take the A Train" and the outro "Night Train."

In view of its location - City Gate pub on Iron Bridge, yes? - it can only be "Take it to the Bridge"

just reaching for the coat.........

Well Dooce, I think we have settled on THE BRIDGE JAZZ CLUB- it's on a bridge and we will be playing a bridge or two. If any of you people are down this way over the summer, do drop in - 1st Wed of the month.

Pete

Sonny Rollins - The Bridge - it all makes sense...wonder if he'll come and play...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom