• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Playing the saxophone Musicianship

When I was twelve I learned a classmate of mine had a saxophone for sale. My folks bought it for me. I got it home and could not get anything but squacks and squeals out of it. Frustrated, I banged it on the floor and the mouthpiece cover dislodged from the neck. I'm here to say that there are times in life that one remembers. And I don't think that I will ever feel more like a musician than I did at that moment. I produced a few clear notes, and my folks smiled. That meant a hell of a lot. (I still have the old White C-melody)
 

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,261
Messages
575,990
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom