support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Musescore 1.2 - Don't install yet

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Locality
Just north of Munich
Just downloaded the new version of Musescore. Seems to be rather buggy, lots of minor hassles.

Suggest you stick with 1.1 for a while.

Funny enough I was going to download this today as Dave recommended it to me rather than splashing out on Sibelius as I want to convert my scribbles into nice cleany laid out pdf files. Do you think it's still worth doing so as I don't have 1.1.

Thanks, Kev.... I was thinking about it as it popped up on their Facebook page again this morning. Maybe I'll hang fire and live with 1.1 for now.

It's a messy package at best. Trouble with the new release is that you won't know if it's you or a Musescore problem.

I want to revert to 1.1, I think I've got the installer at home. I'll let you know later.

I've just checked my "downloads" folder.... I still have a copy of the 1.1 installer...

Finale Notepad is now free. It will do all of what most of us want to do..

Chris..

Question - does anyone know whether Finale Notepad has a transpose function? If it has I can't find it.

Albert

Enter the notes for the song along with the concert pitch key sig. Then re select the key sig for the one you want. I just tried this going from Gmaj to A maj worked a treat..

Chris..

Chris does Finale Notepad let you enter the notes as you want them without being argumentative like Cubase is. i.e. if I want a note to be a natural instead of a flat, or place a rest in te correct position, or letting it look correctly written on a grand stave unlike Cubase? I just want it to write my transciptions and arrangements into nice clean pdf files.

Chris does Finale Notepad let you enter the notes as you want them without being argumentative like Cubase is. i.e. if I want a note to be a natural instead of a flat, or place a rest in te correct position, or letting it look correctly written on a grand stave unlike Cubase? I just want it to write my transciptions and arrangements into nice clean pdf files.

Yes Paul..:thumb:

@kevgermany I'm one of the developers of MuseScore and I'd like to find out more on what bugs or issues you encountered with MuseScore 1.2, as opposed to version 1.1. I would really appreciate your feedback. Btw What operating system are you using MuseScore on?

@kevgermany I'm one of the developers of MuseScore and I'd like to find out more on what bugs or issues you encountered with MuseScore 1.2, as opposed to version 1.1. I would really appreciate your feedback. Btw What operating system are you using MuseScore on?

Hi Thomas, or should it be Gruße?

Thanks very much for taking the time to sign up and ask. Was going to find my way to your support site, but hadn't got around to it.

Probably best I reply off-line. Give me some time, I'll pm you.

I'm close to out of this. My comments are in the link Thomas posted.