support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mr Super Hip. Carl Mellor

ManEast

Locality
Southsea .Portsmouth
I was just wondering if anyone here knew Carl Mellor.
The first time I met Carl was at Covent Garden sometime at the start of the 80s. He had a Mountain bike with a trailer on the back. The trailer was full of car batteries and a cassette machine. He would play with backing tracks...as a matter of fact he used Abersold and was the first guy to introduce them to me.
He was quite a characterful saxophonist/guy. The last time I saw him he was playing outside a coffee shop... Starbucks on the bridge at Camden it think. That must have been 10 odd years ago, maybe more.
Truly one very Interesting player. If you know anything at all about Carl I would very much like to know.

Kind Regards

ManEast

Last edited by a moderator:
The first time I met Carl was at Covent Garden sometime at the start of the 80s. He had a Mountain bike with a trailer on the back. The trailer was full of car batteries and a cassette machine. He would play with backing tracks...as a matter of fact he used Abersold and was the first guy to introduce them to me.
He was quite a characterful saxophonist/guy. The last time I saw him he was playing outside a coffee shop... Starbucks on the bridge at Camden it think. That must have been 10 odd years ago, maybe more.
Truly one very Interesting player. If you know anything at all about Carl I would very much like to know.

Kind Regards

ManEast
Hallo ManEast,
A few days ago I visited Greys Inn buildings, after an absence of some twentyseven years, looking for Carl Mellor, who I knew when I lived there all those years ago. The place has been "done up", looks like luxury flats, or offices. Perhaps thats the reason I didn't find him. I then looked him up in the internet, and came across your message. Yes, your quite right about Abersold, and what a musician Carl is. I also would like to see again, thanks for your message... Kentmarryat************

You guys amaze me. Three and a half years waiting for an answer takes some patience. lol

Kind Regards

ManEast
hi dude just stumbling through the net and was gutted to see my freind carl had died,i met Carl,his wife and new baby in Port Grimaud near St Tropez France in about 1986 where he was playing bars ,boats campsites etc with a Dutch keyboard player called Ronnie Baggerman,and after becoming freinds with these guys they asked me to do a bit of roadieing for them ,and they would pay me in free drinks as they never had to pay at the bars or would get free beer tickets ,anyway Carl nicknamed me Fox Terrier Number 1 as they had just cobbled up a cassette tape to sell at the gigs called Fox Terrier (only Carl Knew why as he was out of it a lot at the time through blow) anyway the funniest thing i ever saw in my life was when one day we areu all sat outside the campsite bar under the awning in a violent thunderstorm when suddenly about a dozen police vans came screeching through the gates and about 50 gendarmes piled out totting pistols machine guns the works and proceeded to stop anyone from leaving as there had been a murder on the campsite,which we didn't know at the time,well we were all taking the piss out of the cops as we had ,had a few drinks and the top cop was strutting aroud like inspector clauseau,the rains coming down all the cops are pissed through ,we are getting smashed and pissed the cops arn't happy when suddenly the theme from the Pink Panther starts comind from the bar roof ,,well its only Carl with his sax !!we were falling about laughing !! the cops were going crazy,and for the next couple of hours the murder hunt came to an end as they tried to Find Carl who had climbed down the back way and begun a game of cat and mouse with half the French police force ,popping up every few minuets at different parts of the camp playing a few bars of pink panther and dissapearing again only to reappear a few minuets later somewhere else with the cops geting wetter us getting more pissed ,this must have gone on for a couple of hours ttill Carl got fed up and let them catch him by sneaking up behind inspector clauseau and blowing his sax right up the guys arse !!!!!!well all us guys were in fits !! we were just another audience Carl entertained and kept captivated ,God bless you my freind hope you are up there now jamming with Stan Getz and entertaining the angels as you did us thanks for the memorries Carl it was a pleasure to know you R.I. P. my freind xx Fox terrier number 1 would anyone who has any info about Carls wife ,son or Ronnie Baggerman please conntact me at dpbideau at ymail.com

edited by mod replace at with @ in email

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom