PPT mouthpieces

Maceo Parker at The Commonwealth Games

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
Durham
He'll be playing with the BBC Big Band at Pacific Quay in Glasgow on 19 July. To be broadcast on BBC radio 3 jazz line up. More details at bigbandspecial.co.uk

thanks for that sue....maceo is also one of the best saxophonists around and i love his funkitup stuff.....
cheers....

• Agree
Reactions: Sue
Thanks for the heads up. Can't decide which is best: Uptown Up, Come By and See, Rabbits In a Pea Patch.

Obscure Maceo morsel: his sound check features in incendiary German art movie Head On.

@trimmy and this is why we play alto! Fabulous

Thanks for the heads up. Can't decide which is best: Uptown Up, Come By and See, Rabbits In a Pea Patch.

Obscure Maceo morsel: his sound check features in incendiary German art movie Head On.
I don't really have a favourite. Bet the sound check is interesting. I've not been to see him live but hope to some day - so many in 'the list'

When I saw the title of the thread I thought can Maceo compete in the Commonweath Games as an American and what event would he participate in - outdoor bowls?

But he certainly gets the Gold Medal for the "Funky Alto Sax" in my book... :thumb:

I can't wait for the opening ceremony with those fabulous musos Rod Stewart, Susan Boyle and wait for it Kylie Minogue...geez Wayne :rofl:

Greg S.

When I saw the title of the thread I thought can Maceo compete in the Commonweath Games as an American and what event would he participate in - outdoor bowls?

But he certainly gets the Gold Medal for the "Funky Alto Sax" in my book... :thumb:

I can't wait for the opening ceremony with those fabulous musos Rod Stewart, Susan Boyle and wait for it Kylie Minogue...geez Wayne :rofl:

Greg S.
I see you have misspelt 'Commonweath' (sic), but keeping the 'l' out of it reflects my interest in the games as well.

I see you have misspelt 'Commonweath' (sic), but keeping the 'l' out of it reflects my interest in the games as well.

The only good thing about the Commonwea(l)th Games is that New Zealand gets a few more medals (If that's your thing) than what we would get at the Olympic Games due to the absence of the US, Russia, China, Germany, etc, anyway half of the countries competing at the Commonwealth Games nowadays were never originally part of the British Empire / British Commonwealth...

Anyway, the spirit of the Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games disappeared years ago...now it's over paid professional athletes and "my country is better than your country because we've won more medals' crap..O.K. off the soapbox...

Greg S.