• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Beginner impro Looking for information on understanding some fundamentals of music theory

Thanks, but I don’t do Facebook.
It's not part of Facebook or any other social media platform. You asked for information on understanding some fundementals of music theory and there's your answer in that link. Click on the link that @jbtsax has provided and choose which format you want the text to be in and pay the $19. Sorted 🙂
 
It's not part of Facebook or any other social media platform. You asked for information on understanding some fundementals of music theory and there's your answer in that link. Click on the link that @jbtsax has provided and choose which format you want the text to be in and pay the $19. Sorted 🙂
Which link are you referring to? (I saw only https://www.facebook.com/theSaxophoneShop/ underneath jbtsax's post.)
 
Music theory...intuitive...err... No! Not hardly.

There's nothing particularly hard to understand if you learn it in a sensible structured way. Folk only have difficulty when they try to run before they can walk. Adult learners tend to be the worst. They want to know everything at once and approach it in a scattershot manner.

Take the OP here. He wants to know about compound time signatures but doesn't know what a beamed quaver looks like yet. Maybe the most useful answer would have been don't worry about it, it'll become clear later.
 
What's all this pop business?
Hi Colin. ‘Pop’ and Pops’ are (friendly) American terms of greeting to men of a certain age (such as you and me). They are transpositions of sorts of ‘papa’ or ‘poppa’, words I’m sure you know. So, after seeing your video, I made the association with ‘Papa bear’ (nursery-rhyme) and your handle. No offense meant or intended.
And as for that apparent bit of unpleasantness that the site poobahs saw fit to delete; again, no offenses meant. It was a lighthearted attempt to communicate my reaction to your post. For the record, I do value your other responses. So, thanks again, and no hard feelings, please.
 
Looking at your avatar I think you should call me sonny
1537279861689.webp
 

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,262
Messages
576,043
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom