All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

M/Pieces - Ligs Lawton Mouthpieces: Researching the History

Jacques5646

Right of the avatar !
Rhys,
It does help ! Many thanks for the quick answer. Have you any experience comparing the M100 response to a "B" or "BB" versions fo the later "Lawton only" models ?
Sorry Rhys, I hadn't seen you had already covered my last question ! Disregard it , thanks
J

Jacques5646

Right of the avatar !
Sorry Rhys, I hadn't seen you had already covered my last question ! Disregard it , thanks
J
...and by the way, if you have a spare BB in your collection you'd like to get rid of, this is my mail !
mode edit: email deleted please use pc

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
rhysonsax

rhysonsax

Rhys,
It does help ! Many thanks for the quick answer. Have you any experience comparing the M100 response to a "B" or "BB" versions fo the later "Lawton only" models ?
I haven't (yet) played any "Lawton only" models with the facing number on the table, but they were only made between late 1965 and 1967.

If "response" means playability and reed-friendliness, then my Lawton-Barton pieces are as good as the later Lawton pieces. I think this is down to the facing curves which I guess Geoff Lawton probably kept the same from Lawton-Barton into early Lawton and into later Lawton pieces.

Rhys

OP
rhysonsax

rhysonsax

...and by the way, if you have a spare BB in your collection you'd like to get rid of, this is my mail !
If you're talking about baritone then I don't have a BB.

In general I find the BB models too bright, loud, edgy and inflexible for my tastes. The exception to that is the rare Lawton ICON model which I really like in BB and use on alto and tenor when I am fighting against playing with guitars and loud PAs.

Rhys

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!

Top Bottom