support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Keilverth Toneking 1957 FRONT neck button-screw

milandro

Locality
the Netherlands
Those of you who are familiar with this type of saxophone know that it has, a bit like " the Martin ", a front screw to tighten the neck onto the receiver.

The one which Keilwerth uses looks a bit like it has a trumpet button touch pearl mounted on little larger screw than the one a trumpet has (tried that already! doesn't work :( ).

I have a Keilwerth alto with the angel wing in brass finish. I want to have it overhauled and sell it (it looks like a million bucks!) and this is its only flaw so I like to fix it prior selling it.

Does any of you know where I can get one of those or maybe has one laying about? Keilwerth doesn't seem to answer mails anymore.

Those of you who are familiar with this type of saxophone know that it has, a bit like " the Martin ", a front screw to tighten the neck onto the receiver.

The one which Keilwerth uses looks a bit like it has a trumpet button touch pearl mounted on little larger screw than the one a trumpet has (tried that already! doesn't work :( ).

I have a Keilwerth alto with the angel wing in brass finish. I want to have it overhauled and sell it (it looks like a million bucks!) and this is its only flaw so I like to fix it prior selling it.

Does any of you know where I can get one of those or maybe has one laying about? Keilwerth doesn't seem to answer mails anymore.

Andre, Keilwerth were on works holidays (Betriebsurlaub) the last 2 weeks. Supposed to be opening up again tomorrow 1 August, if I remember correctly.

Hello Kev, I did try before of that but since the new course, you have to email Buffet , they send you an automated response..........and nothing more! Thanks anyway!

Hi Andre, if you have no joy tracking one down (and my guess is they're as rare as rocking horse merde) it should be a pretty straightforward job to have one fabricated by a precision engineer. Shouldn't cost much either - it's only a few minutes lathe work.

Jon

I have a Keilwerth built alto, Wikena, from 1956. The screw is 5mm (diam), total length 12mm and the round "botton" is 15mm (diam). I use to replace The Martin neckscrews with a baritone or sousaphone bell screws. I have them in brass and nickel. But I can't help you with this because The Martins are constructed in inches and Keilwerths in metric system. I don't have brass bell screws in mm.

Thomas

Thank you I appreciate both the information and you help.

You're welcome. You can also use a large wing saxneck screw. But if you 're going to sell the sax it's alays nice to sell something that is in the same style as original.

Thomas

Best bet on finding one is to ring repair shops but even that's a long shot. If you want a replacement let me know the dimensions and I'll turn you one, shouldn't take more than a couple minutes.

thank you :) I will try to find out the measurements, ideally one needs a trumpet pearl to be screwed in a pipe with internal receiving thread to receive the trumpet button and external to fit the neck.

If there's a big enough difference in the size of the threads that can be done easily enough. Just measure the outside diameter of the threads on the Trumpet button and internal diameter of the threads on the receiver on the sax and we're in business.

Back
Top Bottom