support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

IOTM June 2014: Afternoon In A Parish Cafe

Mmm. Very nice. I feel a little more at home with a little swing even if it doesn't go where you think it will..

I have no idea. Not sure if I want to know. It flavours my thought process. Maybe later when it becomes apparent.

Is that "Parish Cafe" in the sense of, "Well, I wazh in thish li'l caf on the Wesht Bank and thish bloke shtaggered in... er... I forget the resht. Hic. " <falls over>?

Had a quick play with this Hmmm!

"Afternoon Tea"

Chris..

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Chris, I've been playing this for about an hour an mine's nowhere ready for anyone's ears. (It's thundering like buggery here so I might just go have an afternoon tea and come back to it.)

Had a quick play with this Hmmm!

"Afternoon Tea"

Chris..

Lovely Chris, more tea, though I am partial to champagne with my afternoon tea :)

Jx

Sue and Jeanette, thanks for the comments. I should have followed @aldevis instructions and made the melody a little simpler though:eek:. Looking forward to some more versions though. I'll reveal the original at the end of the month unless someone gets before,:)

I just realized the bridge differs from the original tune (slightly), but the essential things are:
1- download the chord sheet
2- get a good quality pencil, 2B of softer are better
3- write a little dot on the first bar, either the 3rd or the 7th of the chord.
4- keep writing little dots at the beginning of each bar, moving as little as possible from the previous dot
5- be amazed by how beautifully they descend by semitone
6- use those little dots as a starting point for improvising
7- similar to point 3, but start from a different point and look for different directions.
8- ignore all of the above and play: at this point you should know, instinctively in the deep of your soul, how harmony moves.

https://app.box.com/s/qssffujxj5ans8qgp4zz

Courtesy of Chris.
Instructions to follow regarding leading voices

"you can lead a voice to a flat fifth, but you cannot make it sing"
- Girolamo Puzzetta

My grandfather would always say "you can ride a horse to water but a pencil must be lead." ?

Back
Top Bottom