support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

I just filmed myself playing...

Thanks so much everyone! You've been really helpful, lots of things for me to think about. I'm feeling a little bit better about it now-with a bit more practice and tweaking I should sound much better. Going to have a play around with audacity too.

Jb-love your evaluation form! definitely can use that thanks. Thank you Mike for the info about the app also and to everyone else who replied you've all been really helpful.

A tuner is good for checking you're in the right area but can be distracting and misleading. Practice every day and your ear will synchronise with your embouchure. Play with backing tracks that are in tune and get used to slotting in and harmonising. Playing solo needs very accurate interval production, which will come with practice along with the ability to listen to what you're playing while you're playing it

A tuner is good for checking you're in the right area but can be distracting and misleading. Practice every day and your ear will synchronise with your embouchure. Play with backing tracks that are in tune and get used to slotting in and harmonising. Playing solo needs very accurate interval production, which will come with practice along with the ability to listen to what you're playing while you're playing it
Yes Colin, this is much better than using a tuner!

Update-well I changed my reed to a newer one and I recorded again-then I found the lead I had lost to put it up on the computer to listen. I sounded SO much better! I'm so happy, it wasn't perfect but I knew that because it was just to test my sound more than anything. I can only think the difference is that I was only listening through the camera before-didn't think it would make that much difference! My sound is SO good compared to how it sounded last time I recorded. All that moaning lol-shame I couldn't put it on the computer before but just couldn't find that lead so had to listen through the camera. What a relief, i was about to give up! Couldn't understand it as to my ears I sounded fairly good and in tune. Can't wait to perfect some songs now and try some more. Got some brill advice on here on how to improve more as well so thanks so much!

Update-well I changed my reed to a newer one and I recorded again-then I found the lead I had lost to put it up on the computer to listen. I sounded SO much better! I'm so happy, it wasn't perfect but I knew that because it was just to test my sound more than anything. I can only think the difference is that I was only listening through the camera before-didn't think it would make that much difference! My sound is SO good compared to how it sounded last time I recorded. All that moaning lol-shame I couldn't put it on the computer before but just couldn't find that lead so had to listen through the camera. What a relief, i was about to give up! Couldn't understand it as to my ears I sounded fairly good and in tune. Can't wait to perfect some songs now and try some more. Got some brill advice on here on how to improve more as well so thanks so much!
Keep at it Jools, but most of all enjoy it.

Keep at it Jools, but most of all enjoy it.

Oh I will, I absolutely LOVE playing-so much more than any of the other instruments I have played (flute, piano, guitar) at least I did love it until I filmed myself! It really knocked my confidence-just goes to show how recordings can sound different depending on what you are using-maybe the brand new reed made a difference too and made it sound much more in tune than last time.

Glad to be back playing again as until the other night I had not played it at all since I first recorded. now I'm enjoying it again and constantly thinking of songs that would make good covers. I just love how I can pick any song and just work it out by ear and play all my fave tunes-I'm never this enthusiastic about anything else! The sax is something truly special! Really funny as well because 10 years ago I never would've dreamed I would ever learn the sax-it wasn't something I ever paid much attention to even though I played lots of instruments. Then I think it was the song "Waiting for a star to fall" that made me think wow I wanna play the sax and play like in that song!

Oh I will, I absolutely LOVE playing-so much more than any of the other instruments I have played (flute, piano, guitar) at least I did love it until I filmed myself! It really knocked my confidence-just goes to show how recordings can sound different depending on what you are using-maybe the brand new reed made a difference too and made it sound much more in tune than last time.

Glad to be back playing again as until the other night I had not played it at all since I first recorded. now I'm enjoying it again and constantly thinking of songs that would make good covers. I just love how I can pick any song and just work it out by ear and play all my fave tunes-I'm never this enthusiastic about anything else! The sax is something truly special! Really funny as well because 10 years ago I never would've dreamed I would ever learn the sax-it wasn't something I ever paid much attention to even though I played lots of instruments. Then I think it was the song "Waiting for a star to fall" that made me think wow I wanna play the sax and play like in that song!
I know what you mean. It's just so... fun is the only word I can use to even start to describe it.
I'm sure my Mrs is sick to death of hearing me murder bossanova standards. But it's great fun :)
And I can only get better.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom