support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

I am more than a little touched

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Last year we raised £10,000 for Victoria School, to buy them an Omivista Projection System. I went there last week for what I thought was the usual cheque presentation for local press, however it turned out to be something a bit different.

Instead they made a presentation to me which included (to my profound embarrassment) a room with all the pupils and teachers and a presentation to me. They had bought me a big garden spring plant display, bottle of wine and best of all made a framed montage showing the kids using the Omivista (see below). I explained it wasn't so much me as all the generous members here and on TamingTheSaxophone so I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all and especially to @Jeanette for her apparently untiring dedication to sorting the Yardsale fees and fundraising in general, plus the great job done by all the mods (thanklessly) and all the members who contribute whether financially or otherwise.

Victoria.jpg

I also have a video they sent which I will share as soon as I get it on Youtube.

Last year we raised £10,000 for Victoria School, to buy them an Omivista Projection System. I went there last week for what I thought was the usual cheque presentation for local press, however it turned out to be something a bit different.

Instead they made a presentation to me which included (to my profound embarrassment) a room with all the pupils and teachers and a presentation to me. They had bought me a big garden spring plant display, bottle of wine and best of all made a framed montage showing the kids using the Omivista (see below). I explained it wasn't so much me as all the generous members here and on TamingTheSaxophone so I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all and especially to @Jeanette for her apparently untiring dedication to sorting the Yardsale fees and fundraising in general.

View attachment 6627

I also have a video they sent which I will share as soon as I get it on Youtube.
How lovely Pete:)

That's lovely to read @Pete Thomas and well deserved, it's a privilege to be involved in the café in this way and I know how touched I was when you kindly asked me to represent you last year at the Heatons, it is a humbling, heart warming and heart wrenching experience to visit a school like this and see the children.

Jx

What a wonderful post, well done Pete, well done Jeanette, and whoever else has been involved in this. My late twinbrother, who died when we were 19, was born disabled, so anyone helping out in any way, well, I know how much that means, for the disabled children and for their families. Thank you.

Well done Pete, mods and forum members for remembering what it is all about. Makes me proud to be a part. You should be very proud of yourself Pete for your dedication to charitable work but also with your ability to bring people like all of the mods and members to the forum.

My daughter(well step daughter) who is in a wheelchair due to cerebral palsy started going to Victoria once a month at weekends for respite care,then 2 days a week whilst still in main stream education,eventually going here everyday for3 or 4 years until she went onto college a few years ago.
It really is the most amazing place,with incredible dedicated staff who do amazing work to help these kids with wide ranging and varied disabilities firstly be happy and confident but always pushing them to achieve things you would never believe were possible given the disabilities.
My daughter who had a severe stammer when she started there had waited years to see a speech therapist from nhs before getting help from the in house one in this school on a weekly basis.To see her (and her schoolmates) performing on stage in a professional theatre(lighthouse poole)as part of the shakespeare schools festival was mind blowing,they certainly received the loudest and longest standing ovation of the night.We were really nervous for her that evening but we were so proud,dont think she could ever have got the confidence to have done this from anywhere else but Victoria.
You can be sure any equipment they are gifted will be made very good use of to really benefit and advance the kids.
ollie

Back
Top Bottom