support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi - I'm back!!

SLoB

Thanks Pete for your birthday wishes this week. I had a great time.

One of my little treats this week was to go to see Snake Davies at High Barn, Great Bardfield. What a smooth sound, we had a really great time listening to him and he seems a nice bloke; in total control of his instruments - the exact opposite of what could be said for me.

To the rest of the old lot out there (you know who you are) thanks for forgetting my birthday - how could you! :shocked:

So what's been happening? I see Old Git and Young Col are still terrorising the naive and misinformed with that CASLM lot (they are pussycats really). It seems Half Diminished is still pondering the scales and torturing anyone within listening range. :w00t: I recognise some of the names from just about a year ago, but lots of new ones - great to see the expansion of this fine forum.

Well I am still making a sound with a Sax (claiming to play it would probably be in contravention of some misdescription act). I sort of fell out of love with playing earlier this year - just fed up with not having enough time to practice to get any better. Still play in an Orchestra and quartet however. I have also been busy working harder than ever to earn less (as I am sure we all have!). I have also discovered some other old hobbies that do not have the neighbours complaining (I'll keep you guessing on those hobbies for now :) ).

Missed the banter here.

May not have so much time to come and cause havoc here - whoops meant to say post something useful >:), but looking forward to getting back into the cut and thrust of Cafe Saxophone.

SLoB

Welcome back SLoB.

Notice that the CaSLM did take the trouble to use correct upper and lower case characters for your user name, so please grant us the same consideration. It is possible to play a saxophone without a left thumb, providing you can cope with harmonics but it is where the left thumb will be placed that might cause problems with your dietary system.

Pete
In that case I still await the automatically sent large birthday gift!! :)

Justin and Kev - thanks for the welcome. The truth is I am such a stingy *** that there was no party - just me and SWMBO. You did not miss out on anything.

Old Git
Just the sort of welcome I would expect from those of the CaSLM. Be warned I have been practising altissimo on my Soprano and have cleared the neighbourhood of all wildlife. >:)

SLoB

Hi to the SLoB, from sunny (HOT) Spain.
By getting rid of the wildlife, you have just given me an idea. The young couple upstairs seem to be at it (on the balcony), day & night.
I'm sure every one within a hundred meters can hear them. If I ask the neighbours to club together to buy me a sop. I can perform altisimo on it ( I'm sure it would be excruciatingly awful), while they perform something else. I might kill two birds with one stone (I always fancied a sop).

Hi SLoB

Welcome back looking forward to some interesting comments.I like my sop too some people have said I sound better on the sop than the alto,not sure if that's good or bad...john

Welcome back SLoB old chap! We had been wondering where you were - well some us had been and for a few minutes anyway. But you were missed at Karen's workshop in April, especially after our superb trio rendering, with HD, of Bye Bye Blackbird in Bossa Nova rhythm at the previous one.

As to CaSLM mischief, nous?

Johnboy,surely it's wildlife you will be getting rid of!
YC

Welcome back SLoB, I knew it was your birthday, I even had your present wrapped and ready, but you weren't here to give it to,....sorry :ashamed:blush::verysad

so I gave it to myself instead! :))) nice bari, thanks very much. :w00t::w00t:

Moi ... nice ? :)

I am a lovely person - or so I keep telling that bloke I see in the bathroom staring back at me every morning. :w00t:

How's it going Ian - still having lessons with Karen?

Saw Karen play at the Humph celebration at Hammersmith Apollo earlier this year. She did good, but had only a short time to play as there were so many others.

Any more workshops planned as I may well come along next time?

Moi ... nice ? :)

I am a lovely person - or so I keep telling that bloke I see in the bathroom staring back at me every morning. :w00t:

How's it going Ian - still having lessons with Karen?

Saw Karen play at the Humph celebration at Hammersmith Apollo earlier this year. She did good, but had only a short time to play as there were so many others.

Any more workshops planned as I may well come along next time?

Yep, had a lesson yesterday. Have to say the work she is doing with me is paying off though my progress has slowed to a crawl. Technical stuff is going much better, reading improving, playing in time/with a pulse slowly improving but it's fine-tuning the articulation and playing rhythmically that's the challenge now. Seems it's a never ending process...... but I'm loving it!

You missed her last workshop. Might ask her about another though she's keen to attract some non-sax players too next time. I'll keep you abreast of any news.

Hi SLoB, Not been on forum much these last days, welcome back, i was always wondering where you had got too.
I joined in Karen's workshop this year as i felt i had improved so may see you there if there is one next year.
All the best Phil

Hi Stephen, as you know i am only a 10 min walk from where you play in th NRWO so that would be good. What night do you play there? I have band practice on Wednesdays but most other nights i am free. Let me know.
All the best Phil
Hi Phil

Good to hear from you. How are you?

I still play in the NRWO so am often down your way. Perhaps we could meet up for a drink some time?

Stephen

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom