support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hey guys newbe here

jayx124

Hi,

I love the sax I used to play it (tenor) for 5 years but it was a real pain because I seemed to be allergic to the reed, my lips would get swollen.

I switched to guitar and been playing mainly jazz
this is my myspace
http://www.myspace.com/uribechar

I hope it's ok by you guy to let me join in even if I dont play the sax any more

Hi Jay!

I currently play a 3 Button Soprano Sax and a Button free Tenor Sax, so possibly a 6 String Alto Sax is not out of the question, as far as I am concerned, and I'd personally be very happy to welcome you to the Cafe! :shocked::w00t:;} Did you never try soaking reeds in alcohol, mouthwash or similar, or try artificial reeds - like Legere or similar?

What 6 String Alto Sax do you play, and who are your heroes, as it were...?
Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Hi and welcome.
I too got sore lips when using cane reeds so switched to hahn and don't have any problems now. Maybe worth you trying synthetic reeds if you are thinking of taking up the sax again.

Hey guys wow and 10x, that what I call hospitality!

I did try the plastic reeds and didn't quite like them, they felt strange, this was also at a time when I switched teachers the new teacher told me that the way I hold the mouth piece is not good (with the lower lip stretched in side the mouth, the lip covering the lower teeth) to having the mouth piece places on a loose lower lip.
I hope I can contribute at least in the harmony and jazz improv.

Hi Uri - Yep - welcome from another six stringer as well as a funny sidewise sax both with and without keys and inumerable other plinky things. Like others have said - the new reeds are good but then so are you on your chosen instrument - great sound.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom