PPT mouthpieces

Hey fellow saxophonists!

Usernam3

Hey everyone,

I joined this forum hoping I would get back into my sax after a few years of neglecting it. I thought if I find a group of people who are really into it, it might encourage and inspire me to continue it! I started playing when I was 11, I've taken no grades, and it's been left in the corner since I was about 17 (I'm nearly 20 now) until a few weeks ago, when I decided to take it on holiday with me. I met a few people, and we jammed most nights for the 2 weeks we were there, and it was great! I was surprised that I could actually still play a little.

Anyway, a bit about me: I'm a student at the University of Manchester, I enjoy karate and swimming, as well as kayaking and hiking.

How long have you been playing? Are you in a band? What kind of things inspire you and make you want to play?

Sorry for the essay!

Ian

Hi Ian

Welcome to the cafe, keep blowing, I only started a year ago and wish I had picked it up at your age.

Pleny of advice and encouragement on here.

Jx

Hi Ian, hope the rainy city is treating you well. Is there still a good Saturday rock disco at the Barnes Wallace building?

Quite a few members from the Manchester area. Welcome and have fun here.

I have never heard of that, but I'm going to have to check it out. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hi Ian

Welcome to the cafe, keep blowing, I only started a year ago and wish I had picked it up at your age.

Pleny of advice and encouragement on here.

Jx
Thanks Jx!

Welcome to the cafe Ian :D
Great bunch on here, plenty of what your after in the cafe, oh and we ask the questions !! >:)

Are you in a band ? what genre are you playing ? what sax do you play ?
and forgive Kev he was just reminiscing from his youth.....we do that a lot on here :)))

Hi Ian

Welcome to the forum.

Spent more years than I care to remember at MU as a student and researcher. Hardly recognise the place now, though, so many new buildings. To answer your question, been playing sax two years, trying to learn to play jazz. Used to play clarinet in my youth but had a 20-year gap which I now deepy regret. You have no idea how young 20 is! I'd better shut up now, I'm starting to sound like a right old codger (oh, wait a minute....nah, couldn't be!).

Hi Ian, welcome... I did same been playing again for about a year after 20year break. Wishing you all the best from rainy Suffolk. Stephen

Thank you, Stephen! I hope Suffolk isn't as bad as Manchester.

Welcome to the cafe Ian :D
Great bunch on here, plenty of what your after in the cafe, oh and we ask the questions !! >:)

Are you in a band ? what genre are you playing ? what sax do you play ?
and forgive Kev he was just reminiscing from his youth.....we do that a lot on here :)))

Thanks trimmy. I'm not in a band, but I was in a few during school. I absolutely love Jazz and Blues, my favorite song at the moment being Hit The Road, Jack. I also absolutely LOVE making backing tracks, and improvising blues to them (haven't done that recently). My younger brother plays guitar, and I jam with him occasionally now. I'm playing a Yanagisawa A901B.

I feel like this will be the perfect place to re-build my enthusiasm!

Welcome to the caff©, Usernam3.

Does the lack of an "e" indicate the thousand yard stare?

ENJOY!​™

Cheers old git!

Welcome to the Cafe,
Good you've re- connected with the Sax, crighey only 20 you have a lifetime of fun up ahead.
Enjoy

Cheers & ciao
Jimu

"Together We Create Beauty"

Thanks Jimu!

Hi Ian

Welcome to the forum.

Spent more years than I care to remember at MU as a student and researcher. Hardly recognise the place now, though, so many new buildings. To answer your question, been playing sax two years, trying to learn to play jazz. Used to play clarinet in my youth but had a 20-year gap which I now deepy regret. You have no idea how young 20 is! I'd better shut up now, I'm starting to sound like a right old codger (oh, wait a minute....nah, couldn't be!).

What did you study/research?! Thanks for your wisdom there, I'll be sure to try my best to continue with it!

Back
Top Bottom