• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Introduction HELLO

Reedswinds

New Member
Messages
2
Location
Midwest USA
I'm Mike Reed aka Saxdaddy on another forum. I have been repairing saxophones since High School as a hobby since 82 and professionally since 91.
I complete a 2 year repair program and received a certificate in Musical Instrument Repair, then onto a formal apprenticeship for another 3 years under the guidance of the programs instructor. I have worked for myself and ran large and small shops for or in partnership with others. I only repair single reed instruments anymore, since it's always been my specialty and is what I enjoy doing. I like helping others, have horrible grammar, spelling and my posts are full of typos. I can come off as harsh, so sorry ahead of time for my tone. I am much nicer than I often sound, but my patience can be short at times. (I'm grumpy). I focus on Pro and or vintage instruments, but accept all single reed intruments if the client is wiling to pay for and let me practice my craft. I hope to learn and improve my craft through interaction here and hopefully help others to do the same.
 
Hello Mike,
Welcome to the Café. Looking forward to bad writing, typos and grumpy comments. Hopefully with graphic pictures depicting pain and suffering. Then well healed. Have a shop dog or cat ? The breakfast room has daily life threads for furballs, photos, soccer, cars etc. The non work related stuff.
 
Welcome.

.... "been repairing saxophones since High School as a hobby" .... "I only repair single reed instruments" .... " I like helping others, have horrible grammar, spelling and my posts are full of typos" .... . It all sounds fine.

I like "amateurism". I buy massproduced saxes that no-one wants and to make them playable. I have problem to charge others for my poor work. And I'm a bad player. I like Rock & Roll as well. I give more than I take.

"Everybody wants to take, nobody likes giving" a line from Chuch Berry's "Back to Memphis".
 
I like helping others, have horrible grammar, spelling and my posts are full of typos. I can come off as harsh, so sorry ahead of time for my tone. I am much nicer than I often sound, but my patience can be short at times.
Welcome to the forum, @Reedswinds !

I would say that comparatively speaking, you'd fit in with the rest of our grumpy OCD and nearing OCD age (Obstinate Coffin Dodging / Old Cranky and Dangerous) techs who frequent this forum! (We all appreciate their technical expertise, most helpful!) 😉

Again welcome, and hope to hear more from you!
 

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,263
Messages
576,100
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom