support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello :)

NicholasCBV

Hi all,

I’m Nick, from Northants but now living between London and Glasgow.

I played classical alto as a kid and got to be pretty good but always with room for improvement. I studied at RCM junior department with voice, sax and piano, then went on to RWCMD where I left sax and piano behind and spent four years training to be an opera singer. After a brief spell performing post-college, I moved backstage and have been working in arts administration and concert and venue management for the best part of 10 years. I could never bear to part with my sax (I’ve had the same one since I was 9) and when I went into isolation, I picked it up, gave it a clean and a quick check-up and after a few weeks I have it singing again and have fallen deeply and madly back in love with playing it without the pressure of concerts, exams and assessments.

I’m now planning to pick up where I left off and want to get a tenor and a sop to be able to dive into some new repertoire and do some split screen arrangements.

I’ve been pouring over CaféSaxophone posts for the last few months, and am delighted to join a community who are passionate about this amazing instrument.

Hello welcome. Friend of mine did bassoon at RWCMD and another, who conducts one of my orchestras, did a masters in conducting there (he conducts amateur orchestras/choirs and is a piano technician now - he decided professional conducting career wasn't for him).

I have friends in arts event management - a tough line at the moment.

Enjoy the sax(es).

Back
Top Bottom