support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello!

AndreyFjeld

Locality
Norway
Hello everyone!
I am a 17 years old High School Student/Sixth form. In Norway we call it «Videregående Skole», and we have the opportunity to select a line with specifies in different work groups. I chose music, of course :). I am quite active, playing in 4 different wind bands, conducting a band for young players and discovering timani! I use my alto every day, soprano almost every day and baritone twice a week. I am also participating at Stockholm I ternational Music Competition 2019 and at MusicFest Aberystwyth 2019 with Lars Lien and Kyle Horch!

Looking forward at finding new woowind buddies :D

~Andrey

Hi Andrey and welcome to the café.

I think it's great that you can do that as part of your school curriculum. France is not that cool when it comes to school. I think we're actually very bad. Stuffing many hours of useless teaching with the only benefit that pupils are often disgusted and have no time left to do other activities like music or sports.

Can you imagine that my 16 years old son only has 2 hours of sports per week? He played clarinet until 3 years ago, but quit as it was too much on top of school hours and difficult to find a convenient time to meet his teacher once a week for an hour. But music was not part of school. It was outside. To succeed at any of these activities in France you must be super motivated from the start.

Enough ranting!

Enjoy the café. There are many experienced players here as you can see from the Poll. And many others who are just sax addicts!

Welcome to the Saxophone Cafe - Norway has some fine saxophonists - Jan Garbarek and Torn Bruberg are two of my favourite...enjoy tooting the brass curvy aerophones...

Greg S.

Welcome to the Cafe! It's great that you are able to be so heavily involved in music and the saxophone.

Back
Top Bottom