support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello there

billeroy

Hi. I'm 46 and live in Branford CT. Just started playing the tenor sax. I've always wanted to learn how to play the sax since I was a kid. When in intermediate school I did not know what the sax was called & tried to explain it to the music teacher but end up with the trumbone, which I only played for 2 years. It's been so long that I'm having to learn how to read music all over again. Practice practice practice.

Hello Billeroy, and welcome to the cafe. You will love the tenor sax, I'm sure, even middle G. Give it time.

Jim.

Welcome to the cafe billeroy :)

Plenty on here in the same situation as you regards late starters (me also at 48 and a half) same applies to me with the reading it's a lot to take in and learn without any prior music knowledge but enjoyable :D
Good luck with middle G

Kev

Welcome to the caff©, Billeroy.

It is well worth it.

ENJOY!​™

yeh
I know what you mean ......Welcome
Youre not robinson crusoe
but stick at it because its all great fun.
Allansto from downunder.

Welcome to the Cafe Billeroy :sax:

The tenor is a fine instrument! Just remember to have fun as you learn!!

Hi Billeroy, welcome to the Cafe :)

Hi Billeroy!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from The Skabertawe Lites down by yer in Wales, look you! Hope you get lots of benefit from being a member here, especially now your language skills have improved enough to actually get a sax. The trombone is the one without buttons, if that is any help.

Kind regards
Tom

Hi Billeroy!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from The Skabertawe Lites down by yer in Wales, look you! Hope you get lots of benefit from being a member here, especially now your language skills have improved enough to actually get a sax. The trombone is the one without buttons, if that is any help.

Kind regards
Tom

And thrice welcome Billeroy. What Tom omitted to mention is the similarity between the two instruments - it is advisable to blow through the smaller end.

Hi Billeroy!

Kind regards
Tom

And thrice welcome Billeroy. What Tom omitted to mention is the similarity between the two instruments - it is advisable to blow through the smaller end.

And what they both failed to mention is to always point the fat end towards people you have little regard for (whilst your learning anyway!)
Welcome to the cafe.

Welcome, hope you enjoy your sax journey.

Jx

Hi Billeroy

Welcome to the cafe I would of loved to have seen your face when the teacher said here's the new instrument you wanted

Back
Top Bottom