support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from Suffolk

Cobard71

Hello,

Well introductions.. Hmm. Hello from Suffolk, I took up the saxophone (yts 62) last september after a 23 year gap in playing. Having played at school I then sold my two saxophones as my tutor at the time moved away and I hated his replacement, we just didn't gell. At the time I passed my driving test and wanted to purchase my first car so decided to sell up.

Then having hit the big 40 last year and couldn't afford a sports car or a leggy blonde and was having what my friends called a mid life crisis got back to the saxophone. I think it was something I needed to do and was one of the few regrets in my life that I did not continue, which was reinforced a few years back when a family friends brother was killed in an accident and he was an inspiration to me as use to play the sax (God bless you Ronnie) and use to encourage me in my playing.

So after a break I have now got a year under my belt, have struggled a bit lately with juggling home life and practice, but was encouraged by a sax player I heard at a bar in Greece whilst recently on holiday there. I have also found playing a saxophone compilation disk in my car when driving really helps pick me up when having sax trouble.

If there are any budding tenor saxophone players in Ipswich area I'd love to hear from you, maybe we can encourage each other then the tune just don't come outright and your fingers just don't do what your brain tells them to do!.

happy playing

Stephen

Welcome from someone else north of Watford-ish; this is the place to spend a while if you need a bit of encouragement or advice. But be warned - OG does a mean Sue Barker impersonation and I hear he's a crack-shot (I think they said crack-shot) with a pea shooter.

Enjoy your playing others have had an even lenthier lay-off and still got back into it.

Dave

Hi Stephen!

A Big Welcome from the Skabertawe Modern Jazz Collective down by yer in Wales, mind. 10 years ago we moved back to Wales from the Waveney Valley area. It sounds good to have resumed playing sax, and I hope that you have a good time on the Forum. Do you have a teacher now - good ones can be hard to find, for sure.

Are there any appropriate Snape Proms on this month?
Kind regards
Tom :thumb:

Hi Tom,

The Snape Proms is steaming ahead I believe, (I'm more of a Jazz, Big Band, Swing kinda guy). I have a very good teacher, he hides his frustrations over my playing very well... laugh.

Thank you for your welcome.

Stephen

Hi Andy,

Nasal hair trimmers...hmm I use the Black n Decker Hedge trimmer, it's not so much the nasal hairs now I'm over 40 (just) it's the ear hairs that get snagged under the neck strap!

Best wishes

Stephen

Hi Tom,

The Snape Proms is steaming ahead I believe, (I'm more of a Jazz, Big Band, Swing kinda guy). I have a very good teacher, he hides his frustrations over my playing very well... laugh.

Thank you for your welcome.

Stephen

If you like Jazz, Big Band and Swing it would be a good idea to get down to see the Snape Proms - Chris Barber, Syd Lawrence, Fapy Lafertin and several others are all performing there this summer. Andy Sheppard is there on 19th August with Trio Libero.

Kind regards
Tom

If you like Jazz, Big Band and Swing it would be a good idea to get down to see the Snape Proms - Chris Barber, Syd Lawrence, Fapy Lafertin and several others are all performing there this summer. Andy Sheppard is there on 19th August with Trio Libero.

Kind regards
Tom
Hi Tom you have answered a question for me which had me stuck. Someone in Spain asked me if said Mr Chris, was still alive and followed through with he must be about your age. Slightly taken aback, I retorted can!t answer that question but when I return to the cemetery I will find out. Tom do you know if Otillie Patterson is still gigging because she used to sing wit Messrs Barber, Lyttleton etc. Regds N.

Back
Top Bottom