support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from Oxforshire!

Riversax

Hi Everyone,

I've just joined, after a bit of lurking, as this seems a good place for news, views and discussion about Saxes and music (and other stuff too!) without polemic and nonsense.
I've just started playing sax again after approx a 10 year layoff. I have an alto, but I'm currently on the hunt for a tenor again as I'd like to concentrate on that, as well as change my sound and approach on alto. I am bewildered by the choice of instruments available now compared to the 80s when I last bought a sax!
Depending how I get on I might try for some grades or to find a wind band, having done mostly jazz/funk/free stuff in the past, or I might end up just making lots of noise and annoying the cat - either way I hope it will be fun!
I also play some guitar, and enjoy - amongst other things - photography, cycling, motorcycling and cooking. I live in Oxfordshire.
:)
regards

Roger

Hey Hey Roger ...

Welcome to the cafe ...

D'ya wanna job as head cook?

The guys [and Girls :blowkiss:] here are tight with their portions ... ;}

Don't worry mate ...

They won't bite ... :)))

Hello Roger and welcome to the cafe. It never fails to amaze me that people can leave a sax alone for so long. I don't think I could. Anyway, welcome back. Pull up a chair and grab a cuppa.

Yeah, welcome to the the club from Sunny Sydney (actually I am a pom who weas born in swindon just down the road from you!).

Anyway enjoy yourself and dont just lurk join in the fun!

Regards Rikki

Hello Roger and welcome to the cafe. It never fails to amaze me that people can leave a sax alone for so long. I don't think I could. Anyway, welcome back. Pull up a chair and grab a cuppa.

Welcome to the cafe Roger. I hope you sort your tenor out soon.

I'm with Taz on the "putting down" bit. My saxes are (almost) more important to me than the hubby and children (but don't tell them I said that! :))) ).

Thanks for the lovely welcomes from all of you... :)

I tried a SA80ii, and a Walstein tenor this arvo, and also put the alto into the shop for a bit of TLC. I'm going to try another Sa80ii and a Grassi tomorrow.
Amazing what you can get for your money these days... referring to the Walstein, more than the Selmers of course. I'm swithering between getting a 2nd hand pro model, or a cheaper learner before maybe going for a new one later... got a hankering to try a Rampone... anyhoo - all good fun.

I could knock up a humongous (some kind of Italian mushroom I think) risotto - but I usually have to go for a nice long bike ride to get the ingredients... "just popping down the shops dear!" A bit cold for that at the moment.
I like a bit of phantom power - but not sure the cat would put up with anymore furry animals, super or otherwise.
As for the punt - well, I feel safer in a canoe! And as for the lay-off - just sorta snuck up on me... the guitar helped though. As for Swindon - you're better off in Sydney. (you know that anyway!!)
cheers
:D

When you are hungry I bet you could eat an Ox for sure!

Mushroom risotto is a great dish. I like Nico Lansdennis's recipe - makes an intense mushroom sauce, but sieve's out all the pieces of mushroom before adding to Risotto rice which has been boiled in beef/mushroom stock. It is lovely, for sure...................;}

Back
Top Bottom