support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from Brazil!

RMorgan

Hey folks,

How are you?

This is Rafael (you can call me Raf), from Brazil. I´m 28 and starting to learn this magnificent instrument called saxophone!

I already play other instruments; guitar, mandolin, banjo, diatonic harmonica and ukulele but this is the first time I´m taking the challenge to learn a very complex instrument such as the sax.

I can´t contribute much here, because I´m just a beginner, but I´m really looking forward to actively participate here and to learn as much as I can.

When I was a teenager, I used to work with with an amazing stringed instruments luthier and I´ve learned a lot from this experience. I´m also looking forward to learn the art of saxophone repair, regulation and overhauling.

By the way, if any of you has an old, not fully working tenor saxophone and want to sell it, drop me a note. As long as it has all the parts, I want to take the challenge and make it alive again. :)

Well, that´s it!

Thanks in advance. I know I´ll learn a lot from you!

Cheers,

Raf.

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome Raf.
I actually consider saxophone much simpler than guitar (or mandolin, or banjo, or violão, or cavaquinho): It usually plays only one note a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Raf,
Good to have another guitar/banjo player on board.
Hope you get all you wish from the cafe.
Andy

Thanks Andy! :)

welcome Raf.
I actually consider saxophone much simpler than guitar (or mandolin, or banjo, or violão, or cavaquinho): It usually plays only one note a time.

Thanks aldevis!

Well, from this perspective, you´re right.

However, at least in my opinion, the sax requires much more soul to make each one of those single notes sound special. :)

Cheers,

Raf.

However, at least in my opinion, the sax requires much more soul to make each one of those single notes sound special. :)

You can easily do it in a couple of lifetimes (but the same applies to any instrument).
Recommended record (if you happen to be Mineiro): Native Dancers by Wayne Shorter: a life-changing record also if you are not Mineiro.

You can easily do it in a couple of lifetimes (but the same applies to any instrument).
Recommended record (if you happen to be Mineiro): Native Dancers by Wayne Shorter: a life-changing record also if you are not Mineiro.

Hey mate! You´re spot on! I´m really Mineiro, from Belo Horizonte! :)

Milton Nascimento, who did the singing in this album, is a great singer; what a voice!

It´s an excellent album indeed!

Cheers,

Raf.

Hi Raf!

A Big Welcome to the Forum from Skabertawe in South Wales. I have a Flugelhorn and Cornet made by Weril in Brasil, as well as a Barkley Pop 8 Alto mouthpiece - so supporting the economy out there! I tried playing several stringed instruments - guitar, bass etc. but my first love is saxophone and trumpet/trombone which I enjoy playing latin, reggae and ska on. Hope you have a great time here!

Morgan - good Welsh name and very popular around these parts.
Kind regards
Tom :thumb:

Hi Raf

A belated welcome from me,hope you enjoy the cafe and find it useful in the learning process,hope you don't hide in the shadows I'm sure we would all like to learn more about the Brazilian scene....All the best.....John

Back
Top Bottom