support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from another SOTW refugee

New Member Introduction
This is an introduction (not an ad or question about saxophone)
Wonder when Grump's bullet proof limo is arriving and where he intends parking.?lol
Nice to see you Buddy please feel free to post a few of your SKA band tracks.

Hi Buddy Jay,
I didn't see that you were here too so glad to see you that you have come over. I joined this forum years ago but was almost always on the one that shall not be mentioned (by mentioning it). Of course since I got the boot, or shaft or was shown the door...actually thrown through it, so I didn't actually see anything....I have come to Pete's friendly Café with its warmer and more welcoming social climate. Maybe it should be called Pete's Pub too, since it has that neighborhood feel to it.

It's not really a fence! Welcome!
And unlike SOTW there is no dunking stool, flogging wall, or stocks here either. No administrators wearing hoods, carrying torches and pitchforks and lighting crosses in your computer. And Pete is not known to have people tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail either. No Puritan Bluenoses here whatsoever. You'll love it. The coffee is great too. Not like the Aqua Sucia* that passes for Covefe in America.

*Agua Sucia or Agua Chiri is what they call American coffee in Spain. However, the espresso in the average neighborhood bar or café is often terrible to the other extreme, bitter and foul tasting. That's either because those local joints usually don't have a big filter on their water line to the Espresso machine an/or they don't clean the hopper that the ground coffee is packed into frequently enough.

I had a quick look at the SaxOTW page before I joined this one. There did seem to be some massive C U next Tuesdays on there, I have to say.

And unlike SOTW there is no dunking stool, flogging wall, or stocks here either. No administrators wearing hoods, carrying torches and pitchforks and lighting crosses in your computer. And Pete is not known to have people tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail either. No Puritan Bluenoses here whatsoever. You'll love it. The coffee is great too. Not like the Aqua Sucia* that passes for Covefe in America.

*Agua Sucia or Agua Chiri is what they call American coffee in Spain. However, the espresso in the average neighborhood bar or café is often terrible to the other extreme, bitter and foul tasting. That's either because those local joints usually don't have a big filter on their water line to the Espresso machine an/or they don't clean the hopper that the ground coffee is packed into frequently enough.
Just as not all SotW members are complete jerks, not all coffee served in the US is terrible. In both cases, one has choices to make as to what is acceptable, and what to support.

”Friends don’t let friends drink Charbucks” was actually a sticker on the side of the coffee machine in my lab’s break room.

Just as not all SotW members are complete jerks, not all coffee served in the US is terrible. In both cases, one has choices to make as to what is acceptable, and what to support.

”Friends don’t let friends drink Charbucks” was actually a sticker on the side of the coffee machine in my lab’s break room.
You think Starbuckets is bad, you should try Peet's Coffee in Boston. My sister and ex brother-in-law loved it. Aurora and I had it and it was burnt. I returned the first cup at the location in Harvard Square saying this coffee is bad, it was burned. So they gave me a new cup. Same thing. It seems their idea of roasting coffee beans it to charcoal grill them till they look like miniature baked potatoes that were in the coals of your campfire til black. Horrible dreadful stuff. I would drink that Overpriced Seattle swill any day before another cup of Pete's.

Come to Oz, things may bite you, but at least the coffee is superb.:cool:

My understanding is that Peet was an early partner in Sawbucks and there was a split; after which the first Peet's coffee shop was next door to the first Sawbucks coffee shop in Seattle.

Interestingly enough, the mermaid logo on the original Starbucks in Seattle was brown not green - I remember noting that some years ago when I was there for a conference and walked down to the #1 Starbucks just to have a look at it (OK, I was bored...)

In Boston, of course, it's all Dunkin Donuts all the time - but their coffee is pretty blah.

Back
Top Bottom