support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello all

Ozzyd

Locality
Gateshead
Hi, I joined a while ago and only just got round to saying hi... sometimes life gets in the way.

I play in a local pub band, who've been playing together for around a dozen or so years. Nothing too taxing - it's all fun. R&B/soul/rock(little "r") We've played a lot of rallies/festivals etc.
I don't consider myself a serious player - I'm a multi-instrumental kind of fella, although sax is my main/favourite instrument. I can blag well (notice I didn't profess to "play" :) ) over many styles.
Anyway, I've had a few different makes/models of sax but currently have a Selmer SA80 Serie II tenor, a Hanson LX tenor, Hanson LX alto, and a Bundy alto I don't want to part with (it feels like it was lovingly made by Swan Hunter) as it has sentimental value. I no longer possess a bari, and my curly soprano is by Odyssey - costing me the princely sum of £79 brand new on ebay a good few years ago (very poorly advertised, it was). The Hansons I find are excellent horns, btw. I'm playing on them pretty much all of the time.
Mouthpieces of choice (I play with an electric band...) Guardala King for tenor, Dukoff D9 for alto, Dukoff D8 for sop. I used to use a metal Berg on Bari.
I also like synthetics... I'm a philistine, but it's really handy when you're a multi-instrumentalist.

Anyway, nice to meet you all.
Hope I get some time to get to know you all better

Ian

Welcome Ian, looking forward to hearing more from you :)

Jx

Ey up Ian. I like Hansons too.
Welcome from the sunny south (!)

Welcome to the Cafe Ian

Another Hanson fan (the saxes not the group) :)

Back
Top Bottom