support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Has anybody travelled from the UK to France recently?

Jimmymack

Locality
London
My partner and I want to go France, probably over Christmas, and it seems that you only need your vaccine passport from the NHS and to fill in a form or two, no PCR test in either direction. We’ll probably want to fly but the train is an option. Other countries, except Spain, seem to want the PCR test in addition and neither of us want the extra hassles associated with it. Has anybody travelled there in the last month or so and what’s involved? Thanks.

I’ve just returned last Friday.

Double vaccination and the French form of honour on the way out. All uploaded to Eurotunnel

Passenger location form for way back, plus 2 day PCR test upon arriving back (must be purchased before you go. As you need reference number)

I drove there and back.

It’s also worth getting the French Tous Anti Covid app and uploading your vaccination QR codes. They asked for that a lot over there to get in anywhere public.

Off to Spain next week, via France, so we’ll see if anything has changed.

Thanks for that, I thought that coming back a PCR test wasn’t required, I thought there may be one on the way out. I’ll look up the French app.

Friends arrived back from Bordeaux last week, they needed vac proof to get into any public venues such as bars, cafe, hotel etc. To return they needed the PLF and 2 day test booked. However, as a passenger tested positive on the return flight, they where pinged after the airline informed the nhs and have had to enter quarantine even though they are double vaccinated, for a further 5 days, and they had a visit from local council. This would have been for 10 days if not vaccinated. Worth noting this may change after 24th October 21.

My partner and I want to go France, probably over Christmas, and it seems that you only need your vaccine passport from the NHS and to fill in a form or two, no PCR test in either direction. We’ll probably want to fly but the train is an option. Other countries, except Spain, seem to want the PCR test in addition and neither of us want the extra hassles associated with it. Has anybody travelled there in the last month or so and what’s involved? Thanks.
We drove to Switzerland & back through France.
As the guys above said get yer PCR test ordered before you leave - the ID number for that will have to be uploaded to the Eurotunnel/ferry site before returning, which was a bit of a faff on iPhone to be honest. If you don’t manage it a desk at the terminal in France will sort it for you in a few minutes.
Incidentally Super Efficient Switzerland was chaos! They didn’t recognise our vaccination QR codes (so had to eat outside on terrace) and mask wearing was sporadic.
Have a good time!

Ha, thanks I knew it had to be harder than it looked. I’ve scoured various information sites, English and French and not seen any mention of needing a booked test to return although I hadn’t looked for it assuming that any problems would be on the outward journey, silly me. Maybe I’d be forced to remain in France.

Ha, thanks I knew it had to be harder than it looked. I’ve scoured various information sites, English and French and not seen any mention of needing a booked test to return although I hadn’t looked for it assuming that any problems would be on the outward journey, silly me. Maybe I’d be forced to remain in France.
Getting out is easy. It’s getting back into Blighty that’s a bit tricky. Don’t let it stop you though!

And- off the back of this- anyone know about what the situation is re travelling with kids?

How to report animal movements... Ewww!!
Or possibly a band name?

And- off the back of this- anyone know about what the situation is re travelling with kids?
Yes, generally, it's best avoided. Nothing to do with COVID, just a good life rule.

(Dunno if you remember that tiny little blonde girl who came with me when I bought your buescher 400 baritone - she's 20 in a couple of weeks)

I’ve just returned last Friday.

Double vaccination and the French form of honour on the way out. All uploaded to Eurotunnel

Passenger location form for way back, plus 2 day PCR test upon arriving back (must be purchased before you go. As you need reference number)

I drove there and back.

It’s also worth getting the French Tous Anti Covid app and uploading your vaccination QR codes. They asked for that a lot over there to get in anywhere public.

Off to Spain next week, via France, so we’ll see if anything has changed.
I live in France so I don't know the specifics of coming from the UK. But I can attest that the QR code is required in most places, including restaurants.

Personally, I didn't install the app but took a screenshot of the QR code that I present to the guys at the restaurant and it's fine.

Yes, generally, it's best avoided. Nothing to do with COVID, just a good life rule.

(Dunno if you remember that tiny little blonde girl who came with me when I bought your buescher 400 baritone - she's 20 in a couple of weeks)
Indeed I do. That small gurgling baby you'd have met on the same trip- is now my height and plays guitar in a garage band... weird

Indeed I do. That small gurgling baby you'd have met on the same trip- is now my height and plays guitar in a garage band... weird
It is weird. I don't mind the fact that I am getting old, life's been pretty good and I've packed a lot in. But it is contantly baffling how quickly at's all gone. It barely seems any time since we got home from East Surrey Hospital with this tiny, one day old baby. Blink of an eye and she's 20, gone from being fed baby food to guzzling my wine.

It is weird. I don't mind the fact that I am getting old, life's been pretty good and I've packed a lot in. But it is contantly baffling how quickly at's all gone. It barely seems any time since we got home from East Surrey Hospital with this tiny, one day old baby. Blink of an eye and she's 20, gone from being fed baby food to guzzling my wine.
Tell me about it. I have 3 sons, now 14, 17 and 19! You can imagine how they all reach to my drawers and steal my socks and underwear. At least they don't like my shirts and pants! :D

I totally know what you mean. I suspect you and me are, broadly speaking, the same vintage and of similar life experiences but this is, as you say, baffling. How the hell is that small grouchy creature who spent his first day or so living inside my best cowboy shirt also the same person as I dragged down the r front to see Killing Joke and Gogol Bordello at the Boomtown fayre....

Life seems to pass quite scarily quicker the older you get. All our friends kids are now getting married and producing their own children which is another big milestone in our lives never mind theirs. :)

Jx