support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Happy Birthday :D

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Café Supporter
Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to all those whose birthdays get forgotten at this time of year :crying:

No seriously, my children are all born in the summer for a reason. From bitter experience, I wouldn't inflict a Christmas time birthday on them.

I know what you mean Mandy but I got used to it as I got older! I think the hardest for me was being a kid and opening presents marked Birthday and Christmas!!! Then finding out it's identical to my brothers just Christmas Present! Then see him have something else on his summer birthday!

My granddaughter was born on Christmas Day and we are determined that she won't miss out.
Trouble is she lives in Sydney a looooong way from Ilkley. She definiteley won't be getting a joint Christmas/Birthday present.

It's my wife's birthday today. I always try and make a fuss of her as she says her parents did the joint present thingy when she was younger.

Althought I did get her main present for Christmas this year, I have got her a couple of tickets for Phantom of the Opera in a couple of weeks time, and I'm taking her and the family out for a nice meal this evening.

Paul,
I thought it was just me. My sisters birthdays are both later in the year (Feb and July) so they got separate presents. Almost everyone gave me a present that was "for your birthday too".
My other big gripe is wrapping paper - is it really too much effort to wrap a birthday present in birthday (or even neutral) paper?

I've tried to be adult and mature about the whole thing as I've got older, but the events of childhood birthdays have obviously had a huge effect. :(

When our first daughter was due June and born 6 weeks early in April, it rather narrowed down our window for successful conception of subsequent children - they had to arrive in the summer as far as I was concerned.
Still, we succeeded - April, June and July.

Now the birthday is over, only 11.5 months to wait for the next presents :)))

I guess I was lucky, due on Christmas day, born a week late on New Years day. But my parents were wise and insisted on separate pressies. But when I was old enough to ask, I was able to combine for z much bigger one... We're doing the same for our daughter who's birthday is on 10 Jan. And she asked for a combined present this year. Just needs handling properly.

Kev, I was also due Christmas Day, born New Years Day. My parents were good, but other relatives and family friends weren't so good.
My daughters have friends with birthdays on 26th Dec and 2nd Jan. I have therefore made the effort of getting separate presents and cards and birthday wrapping paper for them :-D

lol, it was always a good birthday - until I got old enough to go out on New Years Eve - then I spent too many birthdays recovering...

Only thing that annoyed me as a kid, was that I wasn't the first born on the first, so didn't get in the papers. :-(

Hope you had a good one, I did!

Yep, definitely had a good day this year.

I was the first born in our local Maternity hospital, at 03:20, so made the paper :D
I still have a copy of the cutting.

Apparently the consultant was not pleased to have been called out from his New Years Eve party. He told mum she had ages to go, then went back to his party only to be called back a couple of hours later. :))) :)))