support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Ham amateur from West London says "hello" to you all

baritonesax

Hi Cafe people,

About time I said hello after lurking on the site a while.

I've played sax for 29 years, mainly baritone (as you might have guessed) but the others too. I also own some clarinets, though I can't properly claim to be a clarinettist. I play in a couple of rehearsal big bands and a couple of small groups too - modern jazz being the thing mainly.

Really enjoy this site - more focused, less bloated and generally more mature than another large forum that I can think of. Nice one, Pete.

All power to you!

B

Welcome Baritonesax, I agree with your comments about this site - Brill
Whats your setup on Bari? Been toying with the idea of buying one for a while now.

Les.

Hi Les. Thanks for the welcome all.

I play a low Bb silver-plated Selmer MkVI, with a Pillinger P 7LQV mouthpiece and Rico 3.5s. Had a bit of a problem finding a mouthpiece that really suited the sax, but Ed Pillinger provided the answer. Good for big band charts when you need to play pp at the bottom - and for loud stuff too.

Hello from a part time baritone player from South West London! Are there many rehearsal big bands around? I'm struggling to find one..
Juju

Not many as far as I know...and not any that don't already have enough sax players. Usual problem! That said, there are opportunities to dep in these bands from time to time. Weeell, it's better than nothing!

Not many as far as I know...and not any that don't already have enough sax players. Usual problem! That said, there are opportunities to dep in these bands from time to time. Weeell, it's better than nothing!
Sigh... that's what I thought. Well, I get to play the occasional big band gig, but a rehearsal band would be nice. Have you got any gigs coming up?

... Really enjoy this site - more focused, less bloated and generally more mature than another large forum that I can think of...

If your talking age then yes most of the members are mature :))) but if your referring to everyone behaving like grown ups then you'd be sadly mistaken as more than half of the mature ones are immature :))) Having said that everyone likes a giggle :D

Welcome to the madhouse ... whoops meant Cafe ;}

Bari. Hi man. I too am new here. Man that setup sounds fabulous. Hoping to replace my bari soon. I tended to use a " Lawton ". Ed makes great mpcs. A load of bari heavyweights are using his mpcs. Nice to meet you man.

Back
Top Bottom