support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Grid girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I see it, the question is: what are those grid "girls" (note how they're not given the adult title of "women") doing there in the first place? They don't build, service or drive the cars. I doubt any of them bother to watch the race. Nobody asks them for their opinion on who's going to win. They're just objects placed there to look sexy to most of the audience. It's really tacky, IMO, and should have gome out by the end of the 1950s. Just another reason for me not to watch F1
It's alright you can watch the F1, the girls aren't on the track when the race starts.
Although Liberty are wanting suggestions to improve the show.

It would appear that people are no longer interested in holding a reasoned discussion despite it's very reasonable start. In not so many words, I have been accused of being some sort of lecherous perv and people have left the thread presumably because they don't like what I say, which goes to prove my point. Even the overall controller of the forum has made reference that using the words 'feminazi' and 'PC' is close to the edge. It is with regret that I have now finished with this thread and instead will restrict my comments to music and the saxophone, although I expect I will offend someone there as well.

I am quite old and if my words subsequently turn out to be prophetic I doubt I will be in a position to let it bother me but if you are young(ish) please remember my words, I hope I turn out to be wrong, I don't expect to be.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. I rest.

'At Pirtek, us grid girls aren’t just there to look pretty, we also have to serve tea & coffee.'

I haven't read the second article in full but my impression was they were all enjoying the job :)

I think this discussion has probably gone far enough now, in the interest of harmony I'm closing the thread at least for tonight :).

Jx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom